SV-51 Color

Replicant Mechanic

What color is Ivanov's SV-51? The model insructions call for grey black and the finished model on the box is certainly blackish grey but this seems just to dark. The box cover art shows more of a purple color and rewatching my Zero dvds I see it flick from lighter to darker shades of grey sometimes with a purpleish tone. I am hoping to finsh the VF-11 I am working on this weekend so I have a little time before I have to settle on a paint shade so does anyone have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions about what would look right? I don't really want to go with an almost black paint job but at the same time I don't want anything that is to far off from what it is supposed to look like.

What color is Ivanov's SV-51? The model insructions call for grey black and the finished model on the box is certainly blackish grey but this seems just to dark. The box cover art shows more of a purple color and rewatching my Zero dvds I see it flick from lighter to darker shades of grey sometimes with a purpleish tone. I am hoping to finsh the VF-11 I am working on this weekend so I have a little time before I have to settle on a paint shade so does anyone have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions about what would look right? I don't really want to go with an almost black paint job but at the same time I don't want anything that is to far off from what it is supposed to look like.

I noticed the colour changes in the anime as well. Maybe you could do it the greyblack and laquer it in a washed down purple candyflip if it was washed down it would be subtle and just change when the ligh catches it right. I would hardly notice but would be enough to give you purple/black highlights etc.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I think I have some Nato black in my paint stash. I will pull it out and see what I can do with it. Thats not a bad idea about the highlights big F. I may just give it a try. So far this has proven to be a decent kit aside from the seam work on the under wing stores, which has been completely aggravating.