Help with transforming Yamato 1/48

Decon

I finally did my first transformation of VF-1J. Was really afraid of snapping off the arms and the screws the arms held onto.

A few questions....

1) What is that little white piece located on the rear center wing that looks like an antenna for?

2) Once in Battroid mode, the legs are attached to the cockpit snapped in, but I can't get the back part of the chest piece to snap into the 2 pieces that fold out(the 2 pieces that open like a door where you can see the wings move). Is that supposed to snap in?

3) What is the purpose of the part inside the nosecone that is movable?

Offtopic

4) I have the Blue GBP Armor(MIB), are the pieces snap on or magnetic?

I finally did my first transformation of VF-1J. Was really afraid of snapping off the arms and the screws the arms held onto.

A few questions....

1) What is that little white piece located on the rear center wing that looks like an antenna for?

2) Once in Battroid mode, the legs are attached to the cockpit snapped in, but I can't get the back part of the chest piece to snap into the 2 pieces that fold out(the 2 pieces that open like a door where you can see the wings move). Is that supposed to snap in?

Offtopic

1. an antenna.
  2. Got any pics?
  3. That's the radar.
  4. snap on

A few questions....

Offtopic

1) Not sure what you're referring to, can you provide an pic?

2)if it's the piecies I'm thinking of the're should be two little holes they fit into, but they don't "snap" into place, just kind of hold there. Again a pic would help.

3)Just detailing. I believe this is the radar assembly.

4) No idea, don't have one yet ( but I think it's snap together)

Ok here is the picture

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/1.../sidecovers.jpg

I can't get the sidecovers to fit into the grooves.

ALSO, my VF-1J the ears have black smudges right out of the box. What can I use to clean them?

i think rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is good for cleaning.

the side covers on my valks are very finicky. i can put them in the groves, but they come right out with the slightest amount of play. i don't even worry about them. get some recast side covers (you can request them in the wanted section). They look great and lock in tight. They're the same side covers that come with the GBP armor (which snaps in).

chower's pic of a custom max vf-1a with side covers

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=31529

Edited by xsjado

Yup, that's what I thought you were talking about. They don't "snap" in place, they just have little groves that hold them in place under pressure. It looks like you have them in the correct postition for Battroid mode.