VF-19 neck hinge problem 2

oda2007

Hi I am Leo, I just brought the Yamato 1/60 VF-19 form a local toy store in Macau. I am so excited with this new toy and try to play around when I got home. I have followed the instructions booklet and used almost 45 mins and couldn't turn the neck hinge, I just have to stop because I am sure I'll break it if I continued. Can anyone give me any advice to slove this problem. My VF-19 neck hinge is not yet broken, I really love this bird. I think I am going to unscrew the two little screws and try to un-assemble that part but I will wait for you guys advice first.

Leo

Macross fan since the 80's

Thks guys for the links and the advice. Last night before I went to bed, I was still angry and desperate and tried again to turn the neck hinge thing, this time by a old method using a hair dryer to heat up the neck hinge part,causing it to become a little soft on the plastic. It works and I can finally turned it without breaking it and transformed it into battroid mode for the first time/or the last time. I think that I will just transform it back into fighter mode and keep it that way for good. Anyway I really like the both fighter and the battroid mode, but to protect my VF-19 from breaking, I have to make this choice. I think Duymon's choice is the better choice.

Thks guys !

This really shouldn't be that complicated, and there is no reason to even consider not transforming the toy. All you need to do is unassemble the area, sand down the contact area, and reassemble, and i will work fine... really, all that is wrong is that the part was made a tad bit too large, and as such, it is a very tight snap, but still works.