Chinese DYRL

maxjenius81

Its interesting I'll say that much. So is it from a particular macross cd? Or did she do it on her own?

It was not include in any Macross CD, it was the title theme song when DYRL opened in Hong Kong. I think it was 88', but I'm most likely wrong (I remember I was already out of HK at the time)...

from Wikipedia: It was on one of the singer's CD out on July 1989, track #9.

陳慧嫻- Wikipedia, this link is in Chinese, this is translated by google.

It is a pretty good song, I think I heard it last on late night radio a while back. The HK version of DYRL, however, is hard to come by -- if its still in the market. I think there was vhs a number of years ago, or might be even vcd, but I'm pretty sure there was no dvd form it. I'd like to get my hands on a copy if anyone has anyone know how to get one, it is supposed to be dubbed by the original folks that did the HK version TV series,

and back then, things were translated very close to the Japanese version.

It was not include in any Macross CD, it was the title theme song when DYRL opened in Hong Kong.

Not that I have much to add, but the Google translation is (perhaps understandably) absolutely horrific.

The pinyin-Cantonese romanised title being 「真情æµéœ²ã€ã€("Jan-ching Lau-lou", )...

I would (roughly) translate it into Japanese as 「真情ã®æµéœ²ã€ ("Shinjyou no Ryuuro")...

Or, into English (from Japanese, because I must admit I can understand it better that way), as "Revelation of True Feelings."

I must admit without hearing the song itself that the Chinese title certainly seems more dramatic than 「愛ã€ãŠã¼ãˆã¦ã„ã¾ã™ã‹ã€ ("Do You Remember Love?")

Hope that helps a bit. :D

I don't know why, but I'm gonna try my best to transliterate some of the lyrics I found to this song. Comparing them to the original Japanese version should be interesting... :D

I got kinda romantic after a while, but most everything is just basically a mix between the syntax-less Chinese language, my poor understanding of how emotions are conveyed in that language, and me filling-in the blanks with a romantic vibe befitting the song's heritage.

I found the original here.

Enjoy! :lol::lol::lol:

當天 這世界的空間多冰冷

That day, this world of (space) so much cold

默默地令我感嘆 在éœéœå¤œæ™š

When faint memories speak, I need to sigh into the suddenly calm night

é•·é æ–¼çª—邊星光暗淡

Forevermore, at a window's edge of faint starlight

那晚 我看到漆黑天空星閃éŽ

Those late evenings, I experienced that flash in the pitch black sky

實在令我驚嘆 åƒæ˜¯åœ¨é å‘Š

Honestly, it made me scared, it was like telling me before

明晚的天際星光燦爛

Of a bright evening in the glittering starlight

祇想祇想真情æµéœ²

I want to believe a little the truth and the revelation of true feelings

何時跟他跟他一齊åœæ­¥

When to go and with who to go, I need to stop

欣賞欣賞星河誰造

To enjoy, to enjoy, the stars and rivers we make

柔情幾許幾許鋪æˆé•·è·¯

A soft feeling almost comes, almost comes, to spread and lead the path

星光之中彷如迷路

Inside the path of the impossible starlight

完全祇因祇因心如迷霧

It's complete, because, because, inside the fog of my heart

情深到è€

This deep emotion will never end.

今天 我發覺他的心多溫暖

That day, I found that your heart was so warm

åƒæ´»è‘—在我心間 åˆåƒæœªç¿’æ…£

It was like I was suddenly alive inside my heart, and like nothing I had ever felt

懷裡的æ“抱祇æ變幻

To cherish being in your embrace, but I was afraid it would change

這晚 我倆到海邊相æ“

Those evenings, images of us holding each other by the sea

他使我漸漸地覓到璀璨

You took me to a place of light

在éœéœå¤œæ™š 呆看他雙眼

With a kinda quiet night, watching over the two of us

心輕跳彈

Gentle hearts begin to say...

路上冰å‡

On a cold journey

那怕路上夜éœå†°å‡

Those frightening, cold nights

來共他相æ“抱

All come together in a single embrace

Edited by Kamjin 639

I have the song in mp3 format. Anyplace I can upload the song to??

Maybe...ask boinger if he'll post it on his Rapidshare account. I'd personally love to hear what this song sounds like. (Goodness knows how long I spend translating the lyrics just to get a remedial, non-audio understanding of the song...) :p

I wanna say "Horrific," but then again, I'm really not an admirer of the Chinese language, so label me as biased. Whomever wrote the lyrics did quite a good job at at least matching the general "feel" of the original and adapting it to Chinese. When it was over, I was relieved :huh: but still, I suppose it's better than the Chinese production company deciding to replace Minmay's magnus opus with a completely different song...or a terrible overdub, a la English Macross II Ishtar. :angry:

Ah this old song. Love it. I have the DYRL- nton version on VHS somewhere....think I still have the VCD version with both Mandarin and Canton on my DVD shelf....somewhere....

the song is almost 20 years old, and the singer was pretty main stream in the 80's. her populority dropped because she decided to go to college in the States, and away from the business.. but that just what I think, she still sound like 20 years ago, which is not a good thing.

back then in HK, they redid almost all popular Japanese song in Cantonese. for some it might not sounded like a good idea, but it did open new market for Japanese pop culture and attracted a lot of people that wouldn't otherwise be interested in Japanese culture. Cantonese is not something you can take classes to learn, one need to live in the env and grow into it, unlike Mandarin.

Dangard Ace - do you mind telling me if there is still possible to get a VCD copy of DYRL somewhere?

Dangard Ace - do you mind telling me if there is still possible to get a VCD copy of DYRL somewhere?

Doubtful. I got mine years ago and I think it was the last copy in the store.

And my mistake on the VCD. It's just Cantonese and Japanese audio, no Mandarin.

Doubtful. I got mine years ago and I think it was the last copy in the store.

And my mistake on the VCD. It's just Cantonese and Japanese audio, no Mandarin.

I'm not very good on Mandarin anyway. byw, didn't the Mandarin version came years after the Cantonese version? for Mainland market?

There is actually a legit Hong Kong DVD version of DYRL. I bought it when I first came out on 1999. It was distributed by Panorama Distribution Company. It has Japanese, Mandarin and 2 Cantonese (one AC3 5.1) audio. The picture quality is pretty good. I don't have a FX version (I bought one but it turned out to be a fake :angry: ), so I don't know the PQ is any better. The DVD version is pretty much impossible to find. The good news is that the VCD version of this DYRL is still available in yesasia for just $5.99, but it only has Japanese and Cantonese audio:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code...anime/pid-7179/

Hope this help :)

There is actually a legit Hong Kong DVD version of DYRL. I bought it when I first came out on 1999. It was distributed by Panorama Distribution Company. It has Japanese, Mandarin and 2 Cantonese (one AC3 5.1) audio. The picture quality is pretty good. I don't have a FX version (I bought one but it turned out to be a fake :angry: ), so I don't know the PQ is any better. The DVD version is pretty much impossible to find. The good news is that the VCD version of this DYRL is still available in yesasia for just $5.99, but it only has Japanese and Cantonese audio:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code...anime/pid-7179/

Hope this help :)

thanks, I'll check them out. I just like to see it myself.