WWII Robot Attack

JELEINEN

Indeed. Germany has bigger problems. Like the British on their islands. The French. Oh, can't forget the Soviets :lol:

Oh well.

OK its a rifle instead of a cannon but what about the 8"/55 Mk16? That was 1945.

And this animation's set in 1943! B))

Edit to add: This is all I came up with for the gun you mentioned. My search results were pretty sparse, but it was the best I could find. According to it, the gun you mentioned was developed in 1943 but fielded for regular use in 1948.

The USS Des Moines which was supposed to carry this gun was only commissioned in 1948. Her only Sister ships, USS Salem and USS Newport News were both commissioned in 1949.

Edited by Warmaker

And this animation's set in 1943! B))

Edit to add: This is all I came up with for the gun you mentioned. My search results were pretty sparse, but it was the best I could find. According to it, the gun you mentioned was developed in 1943 but fielded for regular use in 1948.

The USS Des Moines which was supposed to carry this gun was only commissioned in 1948. Her only Sister ships, USS Salem and USS Newport News were both commissioned in 1949.

I was referring to your comment on 'decades after WW2'. Not arguing that autoloading large calibre artillery was in common usage during WW2.

The Mk16 was pretty amazing stuff for late 40s tech. And it was reliable as well. It gave the Des Moines the hitting capacity of nearly 4 equivalent ships. That was quite a leap in capability.

WWII mecha has been done before... with Japanese animation, IIRC. I never saw it, but there's stuff you'll find on the 'net for it, even model kits. The ones I've seen were only for German mechs, but had a construction style that you could draw similarities to actual Panzers, even the paint scheme. Military Modeller magazine even had a little review on one of these kits.

I wish I can remember the name of the production.

Might you be thinking of gearkreig? (its not really a show, just an RPG/Tactical game)

http://www.dp9.com/Worlds/GK.htm

• 2 weeks later...

hehe.... i like how the robot was walking across the ocean..... must have been a long trip from Germany to Pearl Harbor with an ocean 30 ft deep.....

great animation though for what it was... lots of details and people being blown up...haha....