Golf! Different hobby besides Macross & toys

baronv

Until the SV-51 comes out and I can head over to F&S to pick up the 1/60 YF-19, I've been saving my money and have switched over to a new hobby, golf. I've stopped collecting anime cels since the market has dried up on the cels I usually collect and my friends and I have gotten older, slower and bigger to play our previous games of tennis & basket ball. So a few months ago we tried out golf and now that's been my main hobby since the greens fees and equipment costs kinda eclipses my being able to buy other hobby items these days.

So do other MW members play golf and if so what equipment do you play and courses you suggest? I'm in Southern California so if any MW members have recommendations for courses in L.A., Long Beach, Orange County, and Northern San Diego County please post them here since my friends and I try out new courses every month across all four counties.

Here is my current set-up.

Driver: Taylor Made HT R7 460 Draw with Aldila NV 75-S

Woods: 3 & 5 Top-Flite HCT Tour

Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid, 5-Top-Flite HCT Tour

Irons: Callway X-18 (3 iron), Dunlop SST (5 iron), Top-Flite HCT Tour (6-SW)

Wedge: Cleveland 588 Tour Action lob

Putter: Taylor Made Monsa Rosa & RAM laser

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour, Callaway HX Hot

Glove: Taylor Made React 2

Shoe: Dunlop Sport

I'm also saving up to get used Titleist Vokey wedges and maybe a MacTec NVG2 or Cleveland Hi-Bore driver.