Buster Machine Nana Go (No.7) !!!

mpchi

Just got this PVC figure of the Buster Machine No.7 Nono, made by Bandai. Size wise, it stands about 7.5 inches at the top of the head, not counting the flying hair pieces. While the sculpt is very nice and comes with some interchangeable accessories like the leg Buster Missile Launchers, the 2 piece scarf, the 2 swapable heads with different hair and facial expressions and removable goggles, the paint execution of this figure is utterly crap. I am very pleased to get a nice Nono figure that displace well with my SOC Gunbuster. But actually seeing the paint job quality on this 4000yen figure is inexcusable. Overspray and paint off the mark almost everywhere. Many touchup spots as well and almost none of the painted lines are straight and sharp, as if the whole figure was painted free-hand without using any masking, and not by a very skilled painter of course. Thank God that at least the faces and hair were nicely painted. Otherwise this will unredeemable. Also, my top pair of Buster Missle Launcher are two lefts, instead of one left one right. Man, pretty much I got a lemon out of this...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Regardless of all the faults on mine, its still a nice little figure for display, especially if you have SOC Gunbuster. And with a bit of touch up, it can still look great. For people that don't know much about this one, this is pretty much the main Buster Machine for the Gunbuster 2 OVA (not the one-eyed funky Disnef), and the core of the Diebuster, a mech that is as big as the planet Earth. While its only in human size, its pretty much the most powerful robot ever appeared in anime, with the exception of Ideon. Here is Nono in action for the first time in Gunbuster 2 OVA episode 4, which you may notice pays a lot of homeage to the original Gunbuster episode 4.

That's a pity. I was planning to get this one eventually. Guess i'll stay with my F-Face resin kit which i have yet to build.

And the 3 "reactors" on her hands and chest should be in Red Green and Blue i think.

That's a pity. I was planning to get this one eventually. Guess i'll stay with my F-Face resin kit which i have yet to build.

And the 3 "reactors" on her hands and chest should be in Red Green and Blue i think.

If you can manage to hand pick one in person, then I would recommend you get one. That way, you can at least avoid the sucky paint a bit. Cause I do think the sculpt is very nice. In terms of the 3 reactors, the little centers are supposed to be those 3 colors like you mentioned, but only on the close up shot. In general, they are all colored the whole thing green in the animation, as well as in some stills I've seen, so can't say the figure is totally off.