EVANGELION EVA UNIT-01 "TAMASHII SPECIAL"

EXO

I saw a post about this somewhere but I think it deserves its own thread. It's an ultra detail EVA toy.

IPB Image

Imported from Japan! This "Tamashi Special Edition" version of the EVA Unit-01 from Neon Genesis Evangelion is the most anime-faithful version of the biomech ever created! Featuring a non-metallic, anime-correct paint scheme, the 01 features all of the articulation and design from the previous version, but with one important difference: the EVA's outer armor can be removed to reveal the living being beneath it! Add to that all of the great weapons and accessories of the series — progressive knife, sword & scabbard, machine gun, variant head, power cable, and more — and you've got one of the best Soul of Chogokins in the NGE series!

# comes painted and ready for display

Is this really part of the SOC line? If so Bandai is getting ready to unload some nice, very detailed versions of toys they've already sold in the past, including that 1/350 Space Battleship Yamato.

Would have considered it if I didn't already have the SOC. Does look pretty nice as long as the armors stay in place without falling off easy. Besides, there are just way too many Eva toys available, while my passion for Eva stuff has died down quite a few years ago. While this is a cool new line from Bandai, there are just too many cool stuff to buy these days.

- nice big Eva in metal: 10 pts

- nice big Eva whom can perform striptease: 10 pts

- neat price for a big chunky eva: 10 pts

- movement joints seem to better than the original SOC but not nearly as flexible as the Revotech: 8 pts

- Sculpting falls between the original SOC and Revoltech (The original SOC has leaner muscle tone while the Revoltech was too chuppy for my taste): 8 pts

- The purple armour paint is just too pastel, Bandai had it right with the original SOC, hope they could make a last minute decision change :unsure: : 5pts

- If they can make a nice big chunky Eva-05, I’ll buy 9 of them to recreate the final scene and give Bandai a score of 100!!!! :rolleyes: