battlecry question

okay, i've had this game forever and i've started playing it again recently(without cheats) and can't see to get these last 3 medals filled....

RDF flying ace

southerncross

supernova

i've gotten each of the medals once but no gold stars and was wondering how i get the other gold stars?

i don't wanna use cheats or anything, i wanna win legit, on the hard difficulty, using just the 1A only. i've completed the game several times but i don't know what else to do???

please help!

thanks,

haterist

if you check the medal menu it tells you the critera for those medals. these are those criteria:

RDF Flying Ace: get the master airman medal 3 times

Southern Cross: get the gold cross medal 3 times

Supernova: get the gold nova medal 3 times

I believe those are the medals where it's impossible to get the stars.

There were 3 medals that had the stars listed in early versions of the game, but it was not possible to actually get the stars (for whatever reason).

Vicious Cycle proceeded to fix that problem in the GC release and the later releases for PS2 and X-Box. You could probably scan the RT.com Gaming Forum to get more information.

cwbrown Posted on Oct 11 2003, 02:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe those are the medals where it's impossible to get the stars.

There were 3 medals that had the stars listed in early versions of the game, but it was not possible to actually get the stars (for whatever reason).

Vicious Cycle proceeded to fix that problem in the GC release and the later releases for PS2 and X-Box. You could probably scan the RT.com Gaming Forum to get more information. 

Funny seeing as I bought the game just about 2 short weeks of it's PS2 release and had no problems with any of the medals. I beat the game in a week since I had college and such to attend, and got every medal. I knew about how to get most of the medals and how to get Super Armor VF-1's and such, so each mission I played about 5 times each, and in most cases I earned the medal more than once, it's not difficult at all.

The RDF Flying Ace, you gotta shoot down Fighter Pods, and lots of them. After that you get Max's paint scheme, which as fun to get and continue to earn the medal over and over again. It's sorta weird looking at a Max colored YF-1R.

: / I had no problems what so ever winning every single medal, and more than once I might add. Now in each mission I can complete them between 3-5 minutes with hardly any damage, it involves alot of zigging, zagging and barrel rolls.