Remote Control Robot

Dante74

The open platform is somewhat cool. I've looked at the software and how you program the robot. It's kind of like stop-motion filming. You position the robot in say position 1 then hit enter. Next you chain the next movement to that by moving the joints slightly and hit enter again. You do this repeatedly to have a series of movements. there some pretty cool videos on youtube of these doing karate forms and stuff like that.

There is also a guy in Japan who rigged his with a full body remote control that his kid wears during robot battle competitions. Whatever the kid does the robot does. They have dominated the robot battle competitions from what I've heard.

Assembly doesn't look too tough, neither does the programming...I'd get one if I new how to make a full body controller.

Overall they are pretty neat and will set you back a grand.

Watching the football video...those things are cool! The fact that they can do cartwheels and fall over only to get back up. I can't wait till this kind of stuff is more mainstream and we're seeing human size versions.

The open platform is somewhat cool. I've looked at the software and how you program the robot. It's kind of like stop-motion filming. You position the robot in say position 1 then hit enter. Next you chain the next movement to that by moving the joints slightly and hit enter again. You do this repeatedly to have a series of movements. there some pretty cool videos on youtube of these doing karate forms and stuff like that.

There is also a guy in Japan who rigged his with a full body remote control that his kid wears during robot battle competitions. Whatever the kid does the robot does. They have dominated the robot battle competitions from what I've heard.

Assembly doesn't look too tough, neither does the programming...I'd get one if I new how to make a full body controller.

Overall they are pretty neat and will set you back a grand.

Agreed. Having a remote would be more fun. The idea of having to program

each and every step isnt very exciting to me.

Agreed. Having a remote would be more fun. The idea of having to program

each and every step isnt very exciting to me.

That's why I'm passing on one for now. However I'm starting to wonder if the control software would work for something like a tachkoma from ghost in the shell SAC.

I think there was a link within the sci and tech super thread showing one of these doing karate.