Question about the Takatoys stickers

SuperSkylineGTR

I'm checking out the sticker sheets that Takatoys makes for the 1/48 Yamato Valks. My question is, do they look better then the decals that come with the 1/48's?

Also when will the sticker sheet for the low viz come out, and is it only "Black Rose" markings?

Edited by SuperSkylineGTR

Yes.

Really small text can look very slightly blurred, but believe me they're worth it, they are much superior to the Yamato stickers. The only downside is that they're not pre-cut, so a steady hand and several spare hours fiddling with scissors and a really sharp knife are required.

• 2 weeks later...
Sigh. . . makes me wonder why I ever bothered to review them. . .

H

Well, sorry, I did not think to check there. There's no need to be snide, but thanks for the link though.

Anyway, I ordered the Low Viz set of decals from TMP. I did not order them for the Max and Roy 1/48 FP's because I like 'em just fine, now the low viz on the other hand looks kinda crappy.

Plus, the Low Viz kinda reminds me of a Marine F/A-18 fighter, So I'm gonna put Hikaru's markings on there, except this time, he's a UN Marine!

Wonder if Hikaru could survive Marine boot camp, especially if R Lee Emery was the drill instructor :p

Hurin-- I read your review previous to my other posting in this thread -- and it was a convincing review. Nowhere, however, do you make mention of updated Armor Stickers that include a red 001 skull emblem for Hikaru's VF-1S. The only included red skull emblem that exists on his Armor Stickers is a 011 for HIkaru's VF-1A. This can be seen on Takatoys website. See the item named UPGRADE 1/48 ARMOR STICKERS.

Does anyone know if takatoys (or perhaps he can answer himself) plans on updating the Armor Stickers to include a red skull with 001 for Hikaru's DYRL VF-1S?

I asked Takatoys this very same question about a month ago, and he responded that he will include the 001 red skull with the optional Low-Vis sticker sheet.

Edited by mechatek

Takatoys stickers are MUCH much nicer than the stock Yamato stickers. They're printed on much better film and don't peel like the Yamato's as a result - it makes a huge difference. They're also a bit thinner (maybe I'm imaginining this?), so they look a little more "painted on" than the normal ones. So far, they've proved very sturdy and well made and have stood up to repeated handling very well. All three of my 1/48's are sporting Takatoy's stickers, and they all look as good as the day they were put on.

I've used Anasazi's stickers on a few of my 1/60's, and they're every bit as impressive if not more. One word of caution - they don't seem to be quite as heavy duty as Takatoy's stickers (I scuffed the print off of a few of them with very little effort while applying - bad news :blink: ), and may not hold up to repeated handling as well as Takatoy's. If your valks are only display pieces, and you're careful with them, it might not be a problem, but it's worth noting. They're very very thin, and look just fantastic.

I've never tried his decals, but judging from wm cheng's 1/48, I think we can assume they're every bit as good as advertised.

There's no need to be snide, but thanks for the link though.

Didn't mean to sound snide. Actually I wouldn't expect your average Joe to see that review all the way down at the bottom.

Any sighing is actually more directed at the community as a whole. . . this topic has been open for almost two weeks and nobody posted a link to the review.

I don't mean to sound like I feel unappreciated. Really, I don't care that much. . . I had fun doing the review and taking/posting the pictures. It's more just frustration at how useless the Review area of this forum is when so few people even seem to know about it or visit it with any regularity.

The only way you can direct attention to a review is to post about in the Toys section. . . which sorta defeats the whole purpose of keeping them seperate!

Anyways, hope that clears it up. Didn't mean to sound that snotty. :p

H

I asked Takatoys this very same question about a month ago, and he responded that he will include the 001 red skull with the optional Low-Vis sticker sheet.

mechatek --

thanks! I heard from him as well and he said that the option sheet should be available by the end of the month.