Macross 2036: booklet? artwork?

grebo guru

Ah yes, I've seen your site. It's a great art and info source -- thank you! But I'm aching to know... is that ALL the art from the booklet? Is there anything more?

Thanks again!

Check out my WIP at the MacrossNexus:

http://www.macrossnexus.com/index.php?opti...&Itemid=372

Most of the artwork at the bottom of the article can be found in the 2036 booklet. I hope this helps!

There are only few more images that I didn't scan, like Kamjin and a Zentraedi mecha or two. Someone here (I think yellowlightman) scanned in the entire booklet about a year ago and posted it here. The Search feature is your friend! :)

Just an FYI, the images I scanned of Komilia and Lott are actually taken from an obsure Japanese PC Engine magazine. The reason I chose to scan those images in, rather than the ones found in the games booklet, is that the PC Engine magazine contained a few extra angle shots over the booklet. I know know, minutia.

Ahoy all,

I've been thinking about buying the ol' Macross 2036 video game -- purely for whatever artwork might be in its booklet.

In that case, I'll take the disk off your hands. :p

Seriously, I recommend giving it a play if you haven't already done so through some less-legal means. It's a pretty good game, as franchise shooters go.

Check out my WIP at the MacrossNexus:

http://www.macrossnexus.com/index.php?opti...&Itemid=372

Most of the artwork at the bottom of the article can be found in the 2036 booklet. I hope this helps!

Looks like a good page.

I just thought I'd offer corrections on the introductory paragraph, since ... well, since I know way more about games than I should.

"In 1992, Masaya released Macross 2036 on the PC Engine (known in the US as the Turbo Duo)"

PCEngine is the TurboGrafx16. Or the entire hardware family.

The PCEngine Duo is the TurboDuo, which is equivalent to a PCEngine + Super CD-ROM^2. Or PCEngine/TurboGrafX + original CDROM/TurboCD with System Card 3(which makes the original CD expansion a SuperCD).

The PCEngine Macross games are SuperCD titles, if you want to ID specific hardware variant.

And yes, the PCEngine family is a confusing trainwreck.

"Macross 2036 was planned to be released in the US, but due to the lukewarm response the Turbo Duo received here, the project was shelved."

The TurboGrafX as a whole received very little attention.

Not really relevant to the article, but much of it was NEC's fault. They didn't really understand what the american market wanted to see in an ad, and chose some of the worst possibhle games to bring over.

I wasn't aware a localization was actually planned, though. I thought it just made it into the import section of a few game mags as "A Robotech game!11"

And "schmup" isn't the normal abbreviation. I'd actually just spell it out as "shoot 'em up" because it looks less silly.

Edited by JB0