Megazone Question

wwwmwww

Hello Guys and Gals,

Here are some picks I took off Yahoo Japan while Macross World was down. Is this a new variable Hurgund?

H01.jpg

H02.jpg

H03.jpg

It seems to be made by the same people making this Garland.

M01.jpg

M02.jpg

M03.jpg

The reason I say that is I found this pic of the two of them together.

B01.jpg

So my question is... who's making these? The only variable Hurgund that I'm aware of is the 1/20 Kip Resin kit shown in the first post of this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=5721

And I don't think that is what this is. The Kip kits are very rare and I've seen them sell from anywhere from $200 to better then $800 a kit. This Hurgund is under $100 and it hasn't been selling as I still see it on Yahoo Japan.

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m32896458

I'm not even sure if its a resin kit. Maybe these are toy prototypes. Anyone know the story behind these?

Thanks,

Carl

Running the text of the auction through Babel Fish gives me:

The latest exhibition in the past ãƒãƒ¼ã‚¬ãƒ³ which is purchased becomes something which does remodelling correction in perfection deformation. It assembles the picture and, has become being completed, but being to become exhibition with the incomplete item, that it is the mistake and it is not, we ask may. After the purchasing, other way (the poly- part & screw hand part) it becomes necessary. Being to be something where every one normally enters into the hand as for worry that you think whether it is not. It is the deformation gimmick, but because it is made the tightening by the screw, it is possible to decide position favorite at the place. The poly- cap is used to the other movable parts. It is size, but approximately 12.5 centimeters (about 1/144 of ガンプラ) being to be at the time of マニューãƒã‚¹ãƒ¬ã‚¤ãƒ–, you can use the hand part & the weapon etc. that way. Because it exhibits also the garland at the same size, also it is possible at the diorama to reproduce in the play. In order for the doll to enter at the time of the slave with some remodelling, the space should be guaranteed, (as for the lower half body of the doll whether it is harsh). Because the assembly itself is not difficult particularly, when it is the one which has the production experience of ガレキ you think that there is no problem. Being to desire the no claim no return, we ask may. As for the garland in the picture being not to be included we ask may. The paint finished product at another fee you receive desired one.

Aside from being almost impossible to read even in English it doesn't tell me all that much. And even what I make out doesn't make sense. How could a 1/144 Hurgund be 12.5cm? At full scale that makes the Hurgund 59 feet tall (or long).

Carl

Looking at the pics of Hurgund, it seems that the Legs are add-on parts. From the bike mode, it doesn't show the legs section.

That's because both the arms and legs of the Hargun are add-on parts. In the anime, the Harguns had to drive into a truck to transform. Unlike the Garland, the arms and legs of the Harguns aren't part of the bike mode.

Can anyone here ask the seller a question in Japanese? I want to know if he's making these himself? If these are a recent kit release (maybe from Wonder Festival) or what? This seller has had these up for atleast a couple weeks and they don't seem to be selling. I notice they all appear to be built though some are unpainted.

And where does the Garland stow it's shield while in bike mode?

towa140306-img600x450-115577522212.jpg

Carl

I take it back. The rotating leg joint doesn't look 80s to me.

I see that shield in the Hargun section of my Megazone 23 book but the markings on the shield slant in the opposite direction. The concept arts section has a Garland GR2 like unit also with the same shield.

Edit. But There is also model in the book that has the same leg joint. I give up!

Edited by yf19vsyf21

This is not the Maxfactory Garland. Maxfactory's is way better in proportion (although the last known pictures of the toy showed it in a very early stage). I'm patiently waiting for those to be released, even knowing they'll probably be very expensive gokins.

These would make great cheap toys a la 1/100 Toynami Valks tho', but 100 bucks a piece, no way.