Sandman: Endless Nights

Hello, all. I was just wondering if any of yall Had read the new Sandman HC Endless Nights. i recently purchased it and i am gonna try to do a little minireview. here goes....

First off, this book is one based off Neil Gaiman's run on DC's Vertigo Imprint title "Sandman". its entirely written by Gaiman, and focuses on all of Dream's family. The Seven siblings (Death, Dream, Delirium, Destruction, Desire, Despair and Destiny) each have a chapter of the book dedicated to them, with different artists on each chapter and separate stories for each of them. Among these artists are Glenn Fabry, who has done some covers for the Preacher vertigo book and Frank Quitely, who has done the Authority and some New X-men books.

Now, as i mentioned, the stories focus on each member of the Endless, and overall, they are pretty good. I haven't really kept up with the original run of the series, but i knew enough of it and the characters to be intrigued to buy this book. i was not disappointed. the stories are great with all the twists and intelligence Gaiman is given credit for, the best being IMO Death, Dream and Desire. the only two i didn't really like all that much were Despair (because of the crazy and sometimes disturbing art) and Delirium (because the story was crazy, which is what i think Gaiman planned for).

The presentation (cover) is pretty nice, and when the dust cover is removed, the same image that appears on the jacket also appears on the cover. pretty slick. again, this one is a HC and because of it, its pretty expensive for a comic book ($24.95). but like i said, its pretty good, and looks pretty handsome on a bookshelf. i think comic fans in general, especially fans of the sereis will like this one. its also one hell of a good read, comic or not. if you don't mind spending the money, its a great buy. i was thouroughly satisfied with it.

i'd like to hear any opinions anyone may have had, especially any long time Sandman readers out there....

I received mine a couple of days ago. I found it to be very good. It was true to the source material. I always wondered what caused the rift between Dream and Desire. I do wish he would have included a new Dream(Daniel) story

I have been a Neil Gaiman fan for since issue #1. Glad to see there are others on the boards.