Any Interest In 1/55 Custom Parts Anymore?

mslz22

So back in the hayday of the 1/55 i was making some custom parts for the 1/55, mostly for non transformable customs. I have recently begun to want to make a few customs for myself again in the near future and would need to make some new molds for some of the stuff that i want so i thought it may be a good time to see if anyone else is interested in the following stuff......i will post pics if anyone ends up interested...

1/55 custom nontransformable nose, currently i have no pattern that i would be interested in casting but i have done enough converstions that i would be able to quickly put together one with the extended nose, lowered "headlights", other added detail as well as a detailed cockpit area, pilot and a vacformed clear canopy with rails.

1/55 missles with hangers, i resized these from the 1/48 club m kit, the UMM7 and the RMS missles

1/55 nontransformable fighter 1a and 1s heads, these fit better up into the cavity of the nose, also resized from the club m kit.

1/55 custom strike cannon, another resize from the club m kit, fits very nicely onto any jetfire/1/55 armor with little problems.

Colapsed gunpod for fighter mode.

No ideas on price right now, just seeing if there is any interest, but price would be very reasonable.

I will likely make a set of molds for this stuff at some point since i have a dozen jetfire/1/55's laying around, i would likely make multiple molds if there was enough interest.

thanks

mike

PS i moved this over b/c it may get to the people who are interested faster.

thanks

mike

Hmmmmmm.......

The fuselage sections with lowered nose blisters would be attractive for a TRANSFORMABLE 1/55 from my end. I just did my first "blister transplant" on a 1/55 and it was a major PITA.

If I were to go to a non-transformable one I would want it permanently in GERWALK mode so that would mean revised intakes and nosecone. That would be pretty nice. :)

Hmmmmmm.......

The fuselage sections with lowered nose blisters would be attractive for a TRANSFORMABLE 1/55 from my end.  I just did my first "blister transplant" on a 1/55 and it was a major PITA.

If I were to go to a non-transformable one I would want it permanently in GERWALK mode so that would mean revised intakes and nosecone.  That would be pretty nice.  :)

420183[/snapback]

I made a non-transformable gerwalk years ago with the type of nose described above, you wind up cutting the hip bars and pinning/glueing the intakes to the body...looks really nice....the only mod you would need to do to my "planned" nose would be fill in where the landing gear would attach.

You should post pics of that!

420190[/snapback]

I'll try to find it, i made it years ago and have moved 2x since then so it's in a box. Here is another example, if this did not have permanent rear landing gear you could just swing the legs down for gerwalk mode...this custom has many of the parts listed above, the nose is a bit pointy, but any new pattern i made would not be that pointy...

mike

DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

Well In the old thread ( before it got moved ) I said you`d get some interest on this.

Mike (and all) Have you seen this page there are some great customs there and also some parts info for customs etc. I`d forgotten about it untill a web search brought it up.Rosario Love`s Valkrie Dream Flight

Some of you will remember this from back in the day but to others it`s gonna be all new. I think one custom that would get everone going would be a 1/55 VF1-D as nobody make it anymore. I know that there would be intrest for it.

Edited by big F