Begining My Vf-4g Lightning Iii Resin Kit

Aurora-7

Just starting out. I've glued the nose cone section to the aft fuselage section. I've got to figure out how to deal with a slight difference in height between the two sections. The aft fuselage is a bit below the nose cone section. I'm thinking of trying a thin band styrence wrapped around the upper portion of the aft fuselage and try blending it in with putty and sanding.

vf41.jpg

vf42.jpg

I built the vinyl version a long time ago. I'd reccomend splitting the cockpit and fuselage parts and inserting a 2 to 3 mm thickness of styrene in there (smaller diameter) and then filling it in. Minimal sanding and loss of detail. The slightly longer nose would probably go un-noticed. That's what I which I had done. I had the same problem. - MT

I built the vinyl version a long time ago.  I'd reccomend splitting the cockpit and fuselage parts and inserting a 2 to 3 mm thickness of styrene in there (smaller diameter) and then filling it in.  Minimal sanding and loss of detail.  The slightly longer nose would probably go un-noticed.  That's what I which I had done.  I had the same problem. - MT

414322[/snapback]

Hmmm, good idea. Of course I've already super glued it ( :( ) but it would still probably be worth cutting it apart. I'll post again with those results.

Edited by Aurora-7

I built the vinyl version a long time ago.  I'd reccomend splitting the cockpit and fuselage parts and inserting a 2 to 3 mm thickness of styrene in there (smaller diameter) and then filling it in.  Minimal sanding and loss of detail.  The slightly longer nose would probably go un-noticed.  That's what I which I had done.  I had the same problem. - MT

414322[/snapback]

Hmmm, good idea. Of course I've already super glued it ( :( ) but it would still probably be worth cutting it apart. I'll post again with those results.

414348[/snapback]

hay , im planing to start the same exact kit, al be watching this post for sure. Maybe we can work together.

hay , im planing to start the same exact kit, al be watching this post for sure. Maybe we can work together.

414618[/snapback]

I'll be here. I hope to post more tonight.

Mech, I think I'll go with my original idea since cutting it off looks risky (to me). I don't want to worry about getting the two sides sanded flush enough to handle a spacer between them while keeping the correct alignment.

The engine pods are making me nervous. I spent some time trying to figure out the alignment between the upper and lower parts. I know some of the lower part has to project a bit beyond the upper at the aft end in order for a horseshoe shaped endcap to fit while the lower part of the endcap itself hast to project out a bit to fit with two of the four exhaust duct panels.

:wacko: I MISS ALIGNMENT PINS!! :wacko: