The software, what is the best?

Eydan

I've only had experience with trueSpace and Rhinocerous.

trueSpace isn't a very good modelling program. Easy to use for rendering and such, but I wouldn't use it for modelling itself.

I was very very happy with Rhinocerous though. Never had the money to buy myself a copy, but look what I accomplished as a n00b with the trial version and a tutorial about 3 yrs ago (only took me a few hours):

Image 1

Image 2

Modeled in Rhino, converted to 3ds, imported into trueSpace 4 where it was textured and rendered. Texturing is a photo of an AK-47 hacked up and meticulously mapped. Not bad for a n00b huh?

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Cool they look good, textures are a little blurry (was gonan make an N64 joke, but held off ;) ) certainly better than I could do.

It was the best I could do at the time. I was pretty impressed I even pulled it off myself. I didn't have a very good reference pict of the AK-47... Had I had one, the textures would have probably been a little better.

And car mods are more fun anyways.  :)

Hmmm, $400 for a 3d modelling program I'lk barely use, or some new parts for my car.... Hmmm, very hard decision :D

Vostok 7