Anyone Play Farcry Or Dreamfall 4 Xbox?

While waiting on the next gen consoles libraries to get bigger before actually buying one, I've been looking at xbox games. Outside of the initial launch library I couldn't keep up with the games that came out and undoubtedly missed out on some otherwise good games. Like the title says, I found two on cnets "must have" list and was wondering if anyone here has played them and can tell me about them. I enjoy rpg, fps, strategy, turn based games (do they even make those anymore) star fighter shooters and do not like fighting or racing games. So if you also have suggestions for other games for me to check out, that would be great too.

You must be talking about FarCay Predator. Havent played that yet but I have played Instincts and it's quite good. I believe that got an 8.0 on Gamespot.

Here are other games you might like.

Gun

Doom 3

Destroy All Humans

Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Half Life 2

Mercenaries

GTA Triple Pack

Rainbow Six Lockdown

I will have to check Far Cry Instincts out as well as Predator. I am not familiar with the games you suggested, but they sound like they are mostly fps games. Which ones are not fps and what category do they fall in? I also found a turned based/rts game called Goblin Commander is anyone familiar with it?

Regarding Dreamfall - it's a sequel to The Longest Journey, possibly one of the best adventure games I've ever played for the computer. I don't think it builds too much on the first one, so you should be able to pick it up pretty easily.

I played the first Farcry and it was at least worth a rental. The best part is the map editor, which is a ton of fun.

As for some recommendations, if you like RPGs you might enjoy Shenmue 2. Not a traditional RPG by any means but still a story-focused game that's a lot of fun. You might also want to pick up Dai Senryaku. It's a very old-school hex-map type strategy game. Not much in the way of graphics, but it's a lot more indepth than your regular console strategy game and it's turn based. As for FPS', I'm assuming you have Halo 2? If you don't you need to get that, it's an amazing game and the multiplayer is still packed with people on Live. Also might want to look into Project Snowblind a fun FPS with some neat features.

I played the first Farcry and it was at least worth a rental. The best part is the map editor, which is a ton of fun.

As for some recommendations, if you like RPGs you might enjoy Shenmue 2. Not a traditional RPG by any means but still a story-focused game that's a lot of fun. You might also want to pick up Dai Senryaku. It's a very old-school hex-map type strategy game. Not much in the way of graphics, but it's a lot more indepth than your regular console strategy game and it's turn based. As for FPS', I'm assuming you have Halo 2? If you don't you need to get that, it's an amazing game and the multiplayer is still packed with people on Live. Also might want to look into Project Snowblind a fun FPS with some neat features.

403305[/snapback]

Cool, I will definately check these out. Oh and hell yeah I have Halo and Halo 2. Can you tell me a little more about Dai Senryaku, is it medieval samurai and ninjas or something? It sounds like something I would like.

Can you tell me a little more about Dai Senryaku, is it medieval samurai and ninjas or something?  It sounds like something I would like.

403521[/snapback]

It's modern, back of the box boasts over 400 different units. Keep in mind it's a bit dry, and probably won't be of much enjoyment to someone weaned on typical console "strategy" games like Final Fantasty Tactics. It really feels more like an older PC game, or better yet an old tabletop wargame transformed into 3d and put on your Xbox. Also has a few nifty extras, like a map creator and while it has no Live features does allow for 4-player games on the same 'box.