Mechwarrior 3. Please help.

I've had this problem before, but I'll be damned if I know how to fix it.

The problem is, the Targeting Reticle is /locked/ in position. I cant move it. So its basically impossible to play!!! I mean, you need the mouse in order to aim the weapons man! Isnt there some combination of keys that 'locks' and 'unlocks' the targeting reticle? I have NO idea what they are. I've looked all throughout the options screen and I dont see /anywhere/ where it is.

PLEASE help! This is really frustrating me!

-BEN-MAN-

I'm pretty sure that the L key does that... It's been a while since I've played Mechwarrior 3 but I've always played it with a Joystick.

My favortite mech was the Cauldron Born. And my favorite activity to do in that mech would be to skoosh the little people as they try to run away.

The L key enables Free Look, but I press it and it doesnt do anything. So I dont think thats it. My problem is that the reticle is fixed in one place! It will not move. I cannot move the targeting reticle with my mouse! Its a huge problem! And its a simple command to Un Lock it, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is.

Come on people, this would really help out a lot ^_^ ! Surely one of you know? ^_^

-BEN-MAN-

There's a lot of bugs with this game you know. Especially with WinXP. Ferrari is right, uninstall it and reinstall it. Make sure there is nothing left after the uninstall. By the way, are you saving the control changes after you change them? Sometimes it doesn't work anyway.

Aha!! Its "CTRL-0", as in, Control - Zero. That locks the reticle. I'll be damned if I know where it says that in the game.. But yah.

-BEN-MAN-