Macross Fanfiction: It's A Matter Of Trust

MjrMisaHayase

Does this forum accept fan-fics, because I wrote one out of the blue and I'd like to share it with everyone? Thanks in advance.

399690[/snapback]

This is the right place, although I think there've been a couple discussions before about prose being the least preferred medium of fan work. One of the recurring themes is that people are far more critical of writing than a visual medium.

That aside, I appreciate any contribution and took the time to read your work. I'm not quite sure how to comment on it though, as it's rather short and my memory of the particular episode is a little hazy. I wouldn't mind seeing more, or a longer piece, though.

Interesting piece, and like Vinnie says most fan fiction is not well recieved around here, and usually for good reason. As for yours, the grammar needs a lot of work as it makes it very distracting to read, you change tenses alot, which really hurts. Also rewriting an existing scene is generally frowned upon, try instead to write it from a different perspective, someone else looking or listenning in. Or as a flashback, of say Hikaru and Misa talking about ti years later and compare how each of them saw it. Hope that helps.

Interesting piece, and like Vinnie says most fan fiction is not well recieved around here, and usually for good reason.  As for yours, the grammar needs a lot of work as it makes it very distracting to read, you change tenses alot, which really hurts.  Also rewriting an existing scene is generally frowned upon, try instead to write it from a different perspective, someone else looking or listenning in.  Or as a flashback, of say Hikaru and Misa talking about ti years later and compare how each of them saw it.  Hope that helps.

399910[/snapback]

You're right. I should've had someone beta-test it.