Yf-21 Wip Using Maya

Kurisama

Hello again! I've decided to have a go at the YF-21, since theres always somebody making VF-1's! Originally i wanted to make a Q.Rau - but that red one that was posted a while ago, was simply beautiful! no way i could do it justice!

I am also looking into making a Renegade Q-Rau from M.Plus after this and the Octos, as i really like the design.

I'm making this based off the Hasegawa model and am making it in all its pieces as i will later have it transform, i'm using the Battroid scratchbuild that was posted on these boards some time ago - for battroid reference, also helps that i have the design works books!

Sorry about the lack of detail, as i started it a few days ago - also trying a new shader out for the first time.

Thanks!

Edited by Kurisama

Thanks guys! Here's an update;

Parts left to model - entire arm units, entire leg units, the 2 flap thingies that cover the underside/attach to the hips and some greeble detail inside the YF-21 for use in battroid mode (between the 'backpack' and the torso) - not really needed but will look cool non the less.

My main goal is to model it as low poly as possible without losing any detail, so it can have a flexible amount of usage. After the modeling has been done, i'll tackle the texturing - which i still need some practice in - urgh...

Here ya go!

Edited by Kurisama

Hi guys, just a quick update, made the legs - sans the feet, still tweaking it, they're really skinny when in the hull cavity in fighter mode and they're a bit fatter and chunky in battroid. Next up - the feet, then arms! Yay.