Need Some Help.

Chewie

Hey fellas. Just got a 1/60 J Super and want to strip it down and paint it up like Jetfire.

I would like to get some suggestions on what kinds of paint, sandpaper, tools, strippers, thinners, decals etc you guys would use for something like this.

Also if anyone knows where to possibly get an extra S head or 3 for a project such as this and some customs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

- C

Hey fellas. Just got a 1/60 J Super and want to strip it down and paint it up like Jetfire.

I would like to get some suggestions on what kinds of paint, sandpaper, tools, strippers, thinners, decals etc you guys would use for something like this.

Also if anyone knows where to possibly get an extra S head or 3 for a project such as this and some customs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

- C

396701[/snapback]

I don't customize toys much, so I can't comment on the tools, but www.reprolabels.com carries reproductions of the Jetfire stickers, in both original Autobot and a purple Decepticon variant. You could scan, resize, and print them off as decals.

Edited by Penguin

it should be pretty straightfoward. I've only had a couple 1/60's for brief intervals but I know my jetfires.

Scan and resize lables accordingly.

tkae a jetfire for comparison and paint the bits that need changing. It should be just changing the color of stripes and misc bits and overlaying decals... plus swapping to a 1s head of course There have been a few 1/60 as well as 1/48 jetfire conversions over the past few years... do a search ;) .