1/48 Strike/super Parts Help!

godaiking

Hi,

I know this may be a newbie question, but I couldn't find it posted above on the stickies.

Anyhow, I just bought me a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and 1/48 Super/Strike parts set from the infamous Frank and Sons. I'm currently trying to get the back thrusters to stay on, but they keep leaning back. I noticed there was a part for the Valkyrie Backpiece to hold the back wings in place for the thrusters, but its keeps plopping out.

valkhelp.jpg

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

-Joe

Hi,

I know this may be a newbie question, but I couldn't find it posted above on the stickies.

Anyhow, I just bought me a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and 1/48 Super/Strike parts set from the infamous Frank and Sons. I'm currently trying to get the back thrusters to stay on, but they keep leaning back. I noticed there was a part for the Valkyrie Backpiece to hold the back wings in place for the thrusters, but its keeps plopping out.

valkhelp.jpg

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

-Joe

395145[/snapback]

Push that back piece with the hook all the way into the back, there are 2 nubs on the sides that it has to go past. Also the 1/48 FAST pack set has an extra white piece, once you lock in the hook/backplate, pluge that white piece into there, this secures it.

This might be the solution:

The hatch for the head that also has the little "hook" fold out (BP-9) should be in a different position for battroid mode than it is in GERWALK/fighter mode. Push it further in/down that it goes for fighter mode. It should actually be BELOW the surrounding surface--locked in place, not simply laying there. There's two little tabs that hold it in place there. That'll affect the angle of the whole backpack.

how much did you pay for the set, joe? i used to go to frank and sons. and also, who did you buy it from? kyatsu

395254[/snapback]

Thanks for all the tips, guys. I think I'm going to have to alter the back piece (and the optional clip piece that came with the fast packs) a bit as it's still a bit unstable. I'll post some pics later on.

Kyatsu: I got it from the Chinese guys (I can't rember there names) on the second isle with all the Gundam models, Yamato Macross/Votoms stuff and bishoujo Anime/Game PVC figures in the black fence around them. The Hikaru 1S had some water damage on the box but the figure was brand new. Got both the armor and the valk for $175. ^_^

I'm still fairly new to Yamato 1/48's (I was primarily into Vintage Macross items) but I finally gave in when I bought the armored VF-1J.. Here's a pic of it:

armoredbaby.jpg

I plan on customizing the Strike when I'm done with the Armored Valk.

-Joe

hey, do you mean the vietnamese guy that is in the baseball cards section? if that's the case he is damn expensive. but for you to get the two for 175, that's a good deal. is his stuff getting cheaper or is it because yours have a water damage and that's the reason for it being cheap. i really have to admit, you got yourself a great deal my friend. kyatsu

[

Kyatsu: I got it from the Chinese guys (I can't rember there names) on the second isle with all the Gundam models, Yamato Macross/Votoms stuff and bishoujo Anime/Game PVC figures in the black fence around them. The Hikaru 1S had some water damage on the box but the figure was brand new. Got both the armor and the valk for $175. ^_^