Pics of detailed 1/48 FastPacks

pfunk

I ussed Acryl semigloss wash, next time Im ussing oil based, much easier and faster cleanup,

to remove excess, I ussed testors brush cleaner (was the only thinner that didnt bother the factory paint or plastic at all)

Oh, and for the vernier thrusters, I ussed FlatBlack thinned about 1:1 so they still look metallic

I cant wait to start on the plane, I think I will use a dark grey for that though instead of black, All I need is the decals and an airbrush for the matt cote

Edited by pfunk

wow that looks really nice! Did you use a Gundam Marker or something else?

I ussed a wash (black) and I took every piece apart ( I even detailed the inner areas) Next time Ill probably go with a forest green for the outter panel lines

Damn, I have so many toys I want to put panel lines on, and paint. Yamatos... Zoids... Any suggestions on where to buy paint supplies?

I think a lot of people buy supplies on line, unfortunatly when I want something, I want it now. So the local hobby shop serves me well. I just ussed an Acryl paint for this wash and ussually people use that for the base and an oil base for a wash. Thats what I would recommend. I will probably do some panel weathering with the same type of paints, like around the boosters. toys are a loteasier to wash since most likely your not ussing a clear cote undernieth. All the stuff I ussed above is very cheap at the hobby store, just make sure you have some time on your hands, it takes a while and can become "boring" pretty fast.

So how does one do this wash thing? Those pics look fantastic; much better than the ones I've seen where people just filled in the lines with a pencil/marker.

Thanks all, as for the wash, you use a thinned/watered down paint and with a brush (I use a detailing brush that I cut down) apply liberally in all the cracks and crevasis, let dry for some amount of time and use thinner that wont bother the base cote/plastic undernieth to smooth the lines/recesses out (I like to use thinner on a Q-tip and wipe excess with a paper towel) and you can go over again if you want darker/different results. I found the best thing to experiment with is something with a lot of panel lines. Try buying a cheap small scale aircraft kit with a lot of panel lines and experiment with basecoates then clear, then panel detail. the panel detail paint that you use shouldn't bother the clear cote at all. most use laquer clears with oil washes. practice and experiment, thats the best way to get a "style" going that you prefer