Do You Want For Japan To Start Producing Original

You are wrong. It's the vast majority of people on this thread saying that. The few that aren't are here out of morbid curiosity.

Why this thread hasn't been locked is beyond me. I guess the mods are also keeping it alive out of "morbid curiosity"?

377647[/snapback]

Because we have a sick sense of humor??? <_<

Phalanx, as much as anybody would like to see anime designs in real life, it's still just a fantasy. The mecha designs are artworks, not real. I sure there are people in Japan who would like to see this happening, but in the end, they come to the same points we've stated, it's just not feasible, economically or in terms of engineering. If the technology is so close, why not use it? Because it costs money. Money is finite in the real world. Our economic system doesn't work like anime. People don't magically have money appear in front of them. There aren't organizations which somehow have their own large Swiss bank account to finance fighters or ships (at least, none that you hear in the news). Until the time comes where it is feasible which may be at the end or beyond our lifetime, it won't happen.

I'm trying to close this blog down but I don't know how to lock topics.

Phalanx...this isn't a blog. This is a forum. blog != forum.

Also my boy, you are not a moderator, just a user. You do not have the right to lock topics. Users only have rights to create threads and post replies. This how most forums work.

But since you asked.