Color Equivalence For Tamiya

Dozer

Hello everybody. sorry about my english, I´m from spain.

I have bought a couple of macross kits from hLJ, the color charts on instructions come for mr.color and gunce sangyo paints (i think), but not in tamiya wich are the paints that i can find at the model shops here.

So i would like to ask wich is the color (or combination of colors) that do you use in the dark grey parts for the strike valkyries or strike battroids, i mean, those parts that are attached to the arms, legs etc.

Mr. cheng, i know that you use Tamiya, and your valkyries looks very cool, so you help will be appreciated.

Thanks for your pacience.

For the fast packs on the Super and Strike Valkyries (and now the Atmospheric Boosters) I use a mixture of 50:50 Tamiya XF-53 Neutral Grey and XF-18 Medium Blue.

I've had nothing but great experiences with Tamiya paints (at least I can't blame the paints when something doesn't go the way I see it in my mind :p ) I highly recommend them - although the colour range isn't quite that extensive, however, I very rarely use them straight from the bottle. Just don't thin them with water and buy the Tamiya thinner, its only a few extra bucks - but its worth it!

Aaaah!....Fast packs ^_^

Thank you all for your answers.

I only use tamiya with my airbrush, here at the shops i can´t find any other acrylic paints, and i´m happy how they look in my models, and of course, i always use the tamiya thinner. However when i paint with brush i use enamels.

But if you don´t cover them with a clear coat i think they are some fragile, i don´t like barnish or coats very much because they kill the differences of brightness between the different stages of painting a model (weathering and other effects of dirtiness should be matt and looks better over a semigloss or gloss color).

Anyway i think they are good paints.