Repro Stickers... Worth It?

CdnShockwave

I've been hearing a lot these days about repro stickers and from what I hear they sound kind of tempting. I've looked on tmpanime.com and they have the waterslides. Are there any that are just regular stickers? If so, what are they like in comparison to the Yamato stickers? Some side-by-side comparison pix would be cool. So, what do you think? Worth the money for repro stickers?

Do you mean third party stickers of decals for new items, or repro stickers for older items that you can't get anymore? Takatoys makes stickers that are much more durable and better looking that Yamato sticers, but they have to be cut out by hand. Anasazi makes waterslide decals for valks that you will have to cut out yourself and probably use some sealer to help secure after they dry. I've used both and I love both...very good quality stuff. The stickers are great if that's all you want to do is add better stickers to your toy, but Anasazi's decals are amazing for customs that you are going to weather or repaint.

Do you mean third party stickers of decals for new items, or repro stickers for older items that you can't get anymore?  Takatoys makes stickers that are much more durable and better looking that Yamato sticers, but they have to be cut out by hand.  Anasazi makes waterslide decals for valks that you will have to cut out yourself and probably use some sealer to help secure after they dry.  I've used both and I love both...very good quality stuff.  The stickers are great if that's all you want to do is add better stickers to your toy, but Anasazi's decals are amazing for customs that you are going to weather or repaint.

365346[/snapback]

Well, I'm generally interseted in third party stickers. My one complaint with the Yamato stickers is that the transparent bits aren't so transparent (they're kind of cloudy), and I'm wondering if other stickers would look better. Waterslide decals would probably be the best, but I don't want to go to such lengths. In essense, I'm looking for a quick easy way to make my valks look a little better.

Do you mean third party stickers of decals for new items, or repro stickers for older items that you can't get anymore?  Takatoys makes stickers that are much more durable and better looking that Yamato sticers, but they have to be cut out by hand.  Anasazi makes waterslide decals for valks that you will have to cut out yourself and probably use some sealer to help secure after they dry.  I've used both and I love both...very good quality stuff.  The stickers are great if that's all you want to do is add better stickers to your toy, but Anasazi's decals are amazing for customs that you are going to weather or repaint.

365346[/snapback]

Well, I'm generally interseted in third party stickers. My one complaint with the Yamato stickers is that the transparent bits aren't so transparent (they're kind of cloudy), and I'm wondering if other stickers would look better. Waterslide decals would probably be the best, but I don't want to go to such lengths. In essense, I'm looking for a quick easy way to make my valks look a little better.

366163[/snapback]

True that!

You said it all. A quick and easy way to make the Valks look better. This is a great topic. I am curious to see if anyone has any more info.

SNAP!