Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S Battroid Model

Graham

Whooooah. Ok. It's actually just at the beginning stages. I haven't really done much research on the conversion, so I'll I've done is put together the battroids legs and booster pack and begin putting the fighter fuselage together. I just finished with the Monster, so I'm going slow with the Gerwalk.

Got mine today. They moved the customs office from 5km away to over 25km away, plus they upgraded their sytems from Computers to handwritten receipts so that the whole procedure of getting the parcel and paying the customs fee took 35 minutes intead of the former 2! Poor Germany :blink::angry: Guess in a few years I´ll better take a flight to Japan to get my stuff - might be quicker. But it was worth it, that Battroid looks so awesome!!!

Strangely, with all the parts laid out on the table, they look kinda very sturdy and heavy for a Hasegawa kit, I dare say more like a MG Gundam kit. And my "nose" part has lots of sinkholes on the outer surface due to the fat connector pins on the inside - again very Bandai-ish! I´m not saying there are major issues with this kit but it seems like a departure from what I have come to expect from Hasegawa.

Anyway, I MUST build this thing....

BTW, are you guys who build the O-S going to use that -311 light grey for the base finish? That´s what the instructions say but to me the thing has always been kinda white....

BTW, are you guys who build the O-S going to use that -311 light grey for the base finish? That´s what the instructions say but to me the thing has always been kinda white....

394509[/snapback]

I prefer Tamiya's "Insignia White" aircraft spray for the VF-0S. It's what I used for the fighter, and what I'll be using for the battroid. It just has a hint of grey, which I think looks better than stark white.

394509[/snapback]

I prefer Tamiya's "Insignia White" aircraft spray for the VF-0S. It's what I used for the fighter, and what I'll be using for the battroid. It just has a hint of grey, which I think looks better than stark white.

394580[/snapback]

That sounds reasonable to me Penguin. I dug out my half-built VF-1J Hikaru Fighter and I did use H-311 on it as per the instructions - too grey I think though after the red stripes and darker parts are applied it will look quite light I assume. Still, I don´t want grey on a Focker plane! :D With panel shading, streaks and weathering done, the thing will look darker anyway.