Custom Stickers?

Ginrai

How do you guys get/make/print et cetera custom stickers? Specifically I want to get stickers for the big ugly Matchbox VF-1S / Playmates VF-1S. Nothing special, I just want Hikaru DRYL colors instead of the TV Roy/Hikaru VF-1S colors. Can anyone help me out with this? I did apply the stickers to my Playmates toy, but I probably still have the sticker sheet.

How do you guys get/make/print et cetera custom stickers? Specifically I want to get stickers for the big ugly Matchbox VF-1S / Playmates VF-1S. Nothing special, I just want Hikaru DRYL colors instead of the TV Roy/Hikaru VF-1S colors. Can anyone help me out with this? I did apply the stickers to my Playmates toy, but I probably still have the sticker sheet.

361417[/snapback]

Well there are several methods that I know.

1. There are members here at M.W that make transfers profesionally you might be able to get a design made by them or they may already have one.

2. You can buy printer adhesive sheets in A4 that you can use your favorite graphics package to make your own.

3. I think you can also get waterslide paper you can print on your computer.

There are advatages to each but Im sure others have had better ideas. I hope this get the ball rolling.

Definitely don't want to do waterslide. I tried to build models before and that was a disaster. I'd certainly prefer to pay someone else to do it seeing as I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm worried about getting stickers that look crappy. Also my printer sucks.

Definitely don't want to do waterslide. I tried to build models before and that was a disaster. I'd certainly prefer to pay someone else to do it seeing as I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm worried about getting stickers that look crappy. Also my printer sucks.

361442[/snapback]

Yeah you do need a good printer I tried the print you own stuff a while ago they work ok as long as you can seal them afterwards as they can get dammaged by water (the ink runs).

You could try a local reprographics company design your own on your computer. Save them in a format that they accept. Usually something like .tiff or .png or an Adobe type file. they could print them onto transparent or white sticky back so you could cut them out and apply. Might be worth finding out if anyone here has that particular Vf-1 sticker set unapplied. They could scan it for you and it would make your set just a simple re colour.

You could try a local reprographics company  design your own on your computer. Save them in a format that they accept.  Usually something like .tiff or  .png  or an Adobe type file. they could print them onto transparent or white sticky back so you could cut them out and apply. Might be worth finding out if anyone here has that particular Vf-1 sticker set unapplied. They could scan it for you and it would make your set just a simple re colour.

361450[/snapback]

That would be nice... anyone have that? And I'd gladly pay a bit to get someone to make these stickers for me.

I know you DID NOT want water transfer decals, but keep in mind you can do laser jet or inkjet really cheap at your local printers ( I did mine when I was back in the UK years ago before I had a good inkjet printer). The same will go for whatever "dry" decal paper you decide to use. All you will need is a diskette or thumb drive to transfer your work to the printers to do up. Give it a shot.

For those wanting to try water slide decals, laser jet or ink jet, try:

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?M...roduct&ID=81490