My New Baby! Nora's Sv-51.

johnybgood18

Hi everyone,

I started this one a while ago. The paint is now drying to receive its coat of Future for the weathering phase and after that, decalling! I'm trying this for the first time, weathering then decals. I usually do the decals first then the wash as I want my decals to be weathered as well.

I'll let it sit for about 2 weeks because some of you will remember the problems I hade with my paint cracking on me VF -19A. I don't want that to happen on this on because it won't be that easy to fix this time!

Oh, and one more thing... God is this thing HUGE!!! I never thought it would be that big!

Sorry about the bad quality of the pic, was taken at night but I'll fix this soon I hope!

See ya and as usual, comments, tips, sarcasms, etc are all welcome!

;-)

post-2496-1135798057_thumb.jpg

Nice! :D How long did it take for you to build it? :)

357437[/snapback]

Hehe... forever it seems! A lot of masking on this one though which, with all the curves on it, makes it even longer to prepare for painting. I'm a slow builder too and I work on different projects at the same time, keeps me from being stuck in one step without anything else to do. Also, this is my 3rd airplane kit, so... add the few learning mistakes that one can make here and there... and I would say about 40 hours to build and paint. Weathering is to come...

:-)

• 1 year later...