Masterpiece Brave King Exkizer Mp-b01

zeo-mare

Hi guys i really want to get the Masterpiece Brave King Exkizer MP-B01 but i want to make sure it is worth the price. does anyone here have one? can you do a reveiw or post pics and personal opinions on it? i do not have much money to spend this month so i want to make sure it counts and get something worthy and not some Toynami style figure that is going to break right out of the package :lol:

thanks

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Its takara so I would not worry about breakage. Compare mastepiece prime to the toynami MPC's HUGE difference!

Anyhoo, exkaizer retails for about 90$ on various etailers and is shorter than the original exkaizer but MUCH MUCH more articulated and has good proportions. It does combine with dragon kaizer? I believe. Anyways a lot of people think a 2 pack with the dragon guy will come out later on, they combine to make Great Exkaizer.

To me if anything it looks worth it and would have the high quality we would expect from takara.

hi thanks, i figured it was nice, it definetly looks it. :) and i am definetly getting the dragon kizer one as well. but i just wanted to see if anyone on this site had a chance to hold or own one i would love to hear their review or comments on it. money is really short and i wnat to make it count.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

sadly even our most beloved companies can totally bomb a new toy that is highly anticipated

cough, cough, toynami alpha fighter, cough

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

hi thanks i will check them right now, i was more interested in getting the views of members on this site, i feel i can truly trust them because i am on this site so much.

chris

Also try robot-japan.com.

They have a dedicated braves board!  Also from there I heard a lot of comments, the only complaints are not that much diecast and small size, otherwise it seems to surpass the original by a lot.  (this makes the original truly seem more n more like a little kids toy, MP seems THAT good!).

353426[/snapback]

thanks i just tried toyboxdx but it seems that i cannot seem to get on there right now.. i heard it is a little on the smaller size. but it still looks decent size. i did not realize it had only a little diecast :(

Edited by zeo-mare

It's interesting to me that when someone asks for opinions from people who own a certain toy, there are always people who don't own the toy who will respond anyways, with fully-formed opinions based on next to nothing. Oddly, those people are also the ones who bash toynami the most.

Takara has a mixed track record. They have screwed up many toys, in addition to producing many great toys. Regarding King Exkaizer, there have been positive comments about the engineering of this toy, but also negative comments about the tininess of exkaizer and chrome flaking. When mine arrives from hlj, I'll let ya know what I think. :)

Hi everyone , i am most likley going to get it and i am greatful for all the input :) it does look very cool, as for it being a rather small toy that is expensive, it is nothing new for me you should see the studio halfeye ones that are $150.00 and only about 4 to 5 inches tall this will look nice next to them. I cannot wait for the Dragon Kizer as well. Shaggydog i hope you can post pictures and a personal reveiw when you get yours. i would love to see some actual pictures from someones collection, then the company ones that are all over the websites. it is only then that you can really get a good veiw of the real toy itself.

chris

It's interesting to me that when someone asks for opinions from people who own a certain toy, there are always people who don't own the toy who will respond anyways, with fully-formed opinions based on next to nothing.  Oddly, those people are also the ones who bash toynami the most.

Takara has a mixed track record.  They have screwed up many toys, in addition to producing many great toys.  Regarding King Exkaizer, there have been positive comments about the engineering of this toy, but also negative comments about the tininess of exkaizer and chrome flaking.  When mine arrives from hlj, I'll let ya know what I think.  :)

353435[/snapback]

whoa....hey I was just trying to help him out. And no I don't bash toynami the most, maybe others, but certainly not me(if you don't remember I used to defend the MPC VF-1s a LOT).

i think everyone helped out, and i am very grateful for that. as for toynami bashing i do not take it to serious, but i have had bad experiences with their Alphas i had 2 and both broke pretty much right out of package, sadly that is not a joke so i understand where the bashing sometimes comes from and why it takes place.

chris

when i get mine i will definetly post pictures and a reveiw i am so getting one, but i really need to go over my money first, even worse is the GFF Blue Destiny is coming out this month as well as the upcoming GPB armor and some other things i want(including a third Ikea case) i have to tred carefully <_<

whoa....hey I was just trying to help him out. And no I don't bash toynami the most, maybe others, but certainly not me(if you don't remember I used to defend the MPC VF-1s a LOT).

353449[/snapback]

Woops, sorry, didn't mean to bash a fellow toynami vf-1 fan. The links to the reviews are certainly useful. The only thing I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't be totally confident that this toy won't suck. Takara is good, but even the big boys screw up toys once in a while.

I've seen a lot of exkaizer pictorials, it certainly looks good in pix.

I found picture sof the upcoming Dragon Kaiser, I cannot wait to see it in color, I am also looking forward to seeing them combined.

post-1669-1135422856_thumb.jpg

post-1669-1135422883_thumb.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

he looks great, i hope his transformation is solid, the studio halfeye one is floppy. i cannot wait to see full color pictures of him as well as the combined form.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

i wonder if the dragon kizer comes apart to form the Great Exkiaser, the Studio halfeye one does. by the way thanks for the pictures.

chris

yea but it is real tiny, i am looking forward to seeing the full picutre of it. i knew the Studio halfeye one came apart but i was not sure about this one, the She one you have to disassemble into about 4 or 5 smaller parts because of that, it is fragile and falls apart easy, i hope this one does not end up the same, It probably wont though.

chris

Hi i did not know that, i never owned the older orginal version, I was not sure if it was just the SHE Version. becasue it is so small, i hope the new one is not as fragile and prone to falling apart. well after a few delays with the UPS it finally arrived. here is my main christmas present. :D it comes in a nice package with a flap on front so you can see the stuff inside.

post-1669-1135930863_thumb.jpg

the main Exkaiser is nice, he has decent articulation and is very sturdy, he is a little smaller then you would expect (about 8 inches tall, though he feels bigger) he is quite heavy his legs are the only thing diecast metal but even though he is mainly plastic there is still a heftyness to him, the overall paint job is good he is not really a white color more of a off white, there are some small paint problems around the feet and legs thankfully not to much, it looks like the silver parts on the back of the legs have small chips on it so you can see the white underneath (this is only found on one of my legs) and there is a little bit of over paint on one foot. thankfully it is places where you cannot see it at all.

chris

post-1669-1135931212_thumb.jpg

here is the smaller figure he is really cool the paint is good on him he is quite poseable, and if you were to paint him red and give him a wing on the back he would look like the transformers Hotrod in car mode.

post-1669-1135931303_thumb.jpg

all in all i am very happy with it, he does not feel like Masterpiece material i think the Optimus Prime was nicer. but this is a great design and there is so little real merchandise for the character on the market, you will not be disapointed with it. I give it 4 out of 5 stars if only they fixed the little paint issues and added just alittle more diecast it would have gotten a 5 :)

post-1669-1135931496_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the mini review and the pics, it looks like a pretty decent toy to me.

MP OP was a very high quality piece and I never really expected Takara to be able to repeat that feat without Hasbros backing so this is pretty good for their first high end solo effort.

There are a couple of pic of DK that you might not have seen in this thread, http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread88613.html