looking for paint suggestions

kaiotheforsaken

ok, production of the r-type kits i ordered has started and now with all these resin wonders coming in a few months, i'm taking this opportunity to expand the quality of my resin work. i'm basicly looking for the best paint out there, like stuff that stays on so good your kit could get hit by a shotgun blast and the paint would stay lol. i prefer sprays cause my airbrush techniques are basicly nill, but hell nows a good time as any to learn that too, so if you have any suggestions for a good airbrush along with godly paints it would be much appreciated. thanks.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

If you don't wanna airbrush, get the GOOD automotive paints with a fine fan spray nozzle. The nozzle will look different than the regular ones, the button on top has a pin that you can just barely see, it should also have a graphic on the side showing it (help me out there guys with the brand). Make sure you get primer and coat it first to find scratches or other flaws you won't see 'till later on. Clear coat when you're all done!

For airbrushing - personnally, I love Tamiya's paints. With a good primer, they'll stay on through a lot of abuse. Clean up is with their stuff or Isopropyl rubbing alcohol ($1.00 at the grocery store). Not to mention using a gloss coat (Future Floor Finish). Cover that all with a flat coat last to stop the shine.

Edited by MechTech