Shadow Of Collosus

wolfx

Shadow of Collosus for the PS2 is out. ZOMG its hugeeee....these things are huge sonnova *!&@(!@!. I'm not sure if the story takes off where ICO left it (cause i didn't finish ICO), but it starts with a young swordsman placing a young "dead" girl on an altar demanding some God to bring her to life again. The God says he must destroys all 12 altars in the temple....and to do that he has to kill 12 corresponding Collossi. And thus our hero goes on his quest.

The PS2 hardware could barely handle the beautiful sunlight effects and the wide open spaces. There were noticeable system slowdowns at someparts but thankfully nothing that affects gameplay. My 1st encounter with a Collosus was.....breathtaking. Here's this huge mutha *()!@!()@ monster with a club out to bash you and stomp you to the ground....and ya gotta climb the dude and stab his head?!?! w00ts!

I killed 4 Collossi so far, and the way to kill them is pretty much the same. Climb them and stab their head multiple times. :p But simpler said then done. Climbing them is a puzzle game in itself. How do you climb a 20 story high giant? Every once in a while the Godly voice gives you a hint on how to do it.

Gosh this game's taken my sleep time. And on the other hand i have TRAP to play...which i'm quickly losing interest of.

awesome game , but short, my brother finished it the same day, i do not think it has to do with Ico however both games are made by the same company but i do not think they are sequels .

awesome game , but short, my brother finished it the same day, i do not think it has to do with Ico however both games are made by the same company but i do not think they are sequels .

342961[/snapback]

yea, it's a brilliant game...and there are 16 colossi to beat, so you get an extra 4 for your money :D

there are tons of little tricks too, like hanging off the side of agroe, getting him to take off lone ranger style (rear up and bolt), diving into water, and grabbing on to birds and lizards, etc...

not the longest game ever, but seems like something I would go back and play every few years just for the coolness factor.

if i recall yes, you can also collect apples, i believe if you get enough of them you unlock something, when you beat the game you will get the time trial mode same thing there. for every 2 bosses you beat within the time limit you get a unique item.

Shadow of the colossus pays alot of homage to ICO, hence the the code name NICO (Ni=stands for 2 in japanese). When you finished it, you're see alot more...won't say anymore

About the lizard tails, you ,must collect the "white" tail lizard if you want to increase your grip meter. The fruit you collect will increase your health meter. (just don't eat the fruits in the secret garden, it will reduce your health instead).

Currently I am debating which game is the best game of 2005..

SOTC

RE4

GOW

I like them all ^_^;;

Awwww its short? Pity. I did think the travelling to the Collossi was abit short but breathtaking. I'm not sure if I'd like it to be longer either since after every battle, i'm just looking forward to the next. No cliff hanging or jumping puzzles etc.

i also love this game...this to me equates to ART ....theres very little to do in teh game besides kill the collosi

however the experience and feel of teh world is in itself something some people enjoy doing , theres plenty of little hidden areas and temples that exist solely for the reason of finding and exploring, its not something i would want to just play all the time but its something i have already felt like going back and experiencing just for teh feel and atmosphere of it

soc was originally going to be a follow up to ico but it was decided instead to be a completely new story that was related to ico only in feel and atmosphere

i have gone back and fought the same collosus multiple times just for the sheer thrill, these things are huge and the way they move , are animated and look they are freightening and amazing and alive and its enjoyable to see and climb and take them down even after youve done it

The soundtrack is awesome especially the opening theme

if i recall yes, you can also collect apples, i believe if you get enough of them you unlock something, when you beat the game you will get the time trial mode same thing there. for every 2 bosses you beat within the time limit you get a unique item.

343028[/snapback]

yea, white lizard tails and fruit power you up, and the time trial gives you cool weapons, like cloaks of invisibility and exploding arrows (i spent 30 minutes blowing up agro with em :lol: )

After watching the ending, did anyone else think that this was in fact the PREQUEL to Ico? ;)

344124[/snapback]

That's what I thought too. Both games do take place in the same world.

I love this game. A breath of fresh air if you ask me. I love the simplicity. It is a little short and easy but that's what hard mode is for.

I'm not sure it stood for anything. ICO (Eye-koh) was the first game these guys made, Shadow of Collosus being the second.

I really enjoy this game so far. I'm on Collosus number 14 or something, and it somehow doesn't seem repetative to me. Every battle is freaking EPIC, and I just love it to bits.

Hey guys..how do i activate time attack mode? i reloaded my completed save game but nothing happens.

344470[/snapback]

Go up to the statues in the temple and press the circle button. You'll kneel down etc.

344488[/snapback]

Thanks dejr8bud. ;)

Did you or anyone else tried to climb the temple that you always start in? Apparently there's a secret garden on top of it. Probably nothing important but just a secret to explore.