gonzo:shogi kawamori's history with it.

hi, ijust blue sub no.6.i loved it.the end was very sad.it had images and scenes that really stuck with you.the villian wasn't a stereotype and well it's moved differently than most anime storywise.kawamori is da bomb.i would like to know more about his involvemnet with gonzo.i know gonzo was a videogame company that helped with macross games at first.i would also like to see the original blue sub manga.if the premises in manga are the same as the anime,the manga was difinitely ahead of it's time when it was printed in the sixties. and another note macross is not macross to me if kawamori and mikimoto don't work on it together.plus ruled.macross 2 had alot of potential wasted.mikimoto's art is the only thing worth looking in that.

i would also like to see the original blue sub manga.if the premises in manga are the same as the anime,the manga was difinitely ahead of it's time when it was printed in the sixties.

Yeah, I've heard nothing about the manga it's based on, Anyone else know anything about it? Course I did get the Blue Sub dvd box set, so it may have something in it, I know it's supposed to have a Kawamori interview.

Yah, seriously try to make your posts more readable. Seriously.

As for Blue Submarine no.6, what exactly was Kawamori's role in that?

-edit: OK, I just rechecked the DVD and Abombz is right-

I liked Blue Sub no.6 as well, but would have appreciated a little more realism (and better music).

Edited by Phyrox

Why don't you just leave the guy alone? He asked a question... if you don't have anything to add other then just criticize his typing habits, why not just not post at all? <_<

Because if he wants people to give him the time of day, he needs to type so people can read what he has to say. I took one look at the post and didn't even bother with it. If he wants me to take the time to read it, he needs to take the time to type legibly.

Yeah, just checked the dvds and Kawamori was the mechanical designer for the OVA and the PS1 game "Antarctica" I'm kinda dissapointed, on the special disk we got a fairly long documentary on charachter designs, but not a single thing about the mecha! Even in the Glossary/Database they show line art of the Blue subs and some of the Zorndyke forces, but not a single Granpus pic :( There is one small interview with Kawamori talking about why he took the project (thought the underwater movement of vehicles was a good chance to experiment) The dvd also has a little bit on the manga...apparently it was big in the 60's, had Earth forces fighting monsters from Mercury in the subs

Edited by uminoken

yeah i agree the extra was dissapointing.i wish they talked more about the origianl manga and the interviews were longer with kawamori.i have to say zorndyke is possibly one of the best anime villian around because he's not the typical power mad type.he's just a worn out old man.and the ending leaves you thinking how will the mutants and humans adjust to the new world with their hatred for each other and verg was very well written ffor a non-human character.you could feel his pain in the last scene.