Proposal

chrono

How would you like Macross model kit pieces built in 3d and downloadable for free? This forum has plenty of people with digital cameras and willingness to help. It would almost help to further build the experience of the people who work in 3D and like Macross. But what are your thoughts on these?

This thought was sparked by a WIP discussion from another forum.

SFM

Here's a perfect example of what I'm suggesting.

http://www.studioscale.com/kitscans.htm

As you can yes there isn't any kit abuse or disassembling of the orginal kit. Just simple photographing with a white background and a ruler at a good usable resolution. This would also benefit the situation where the people who are looking for rare kits are no longer available have the chance to build their own copy.

The 3D people involved will have to realize though that theft will happen and people will not want to credit others for their work. I many ways you'll have to think of it as a studio model kitbash situation like the Falcon and the BSG(and tons of others).

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm.. actually, I kinda started to take that route with the Hasegawa YF-19.. I've got a high-poly version somewhere that has the fuselage modeled pretty much identically to the kit. Just cut it out with cnc, and you've got a mold master (in whatever scale you want, I might add... oooh.. 1/18th YF-19 to go next to my F-104... :D:D:D)