Repairing my Gakken Alpha's

Ronin777

I hope I am posting on the right area. I have a problem with 2 1/35 Gakken Alpha's of mine. First one is on my green alpha, the piece of plastic that holds the spring on the knee cover somehow broke off and now the right knee cover stays down at all times when in battroid mode. I am asking the guys that have had experience with these alphas if I can possibly and safely open/unscrew the leg section and put it back together. Second and last is I have the 1/35 blue alpha and there are no knee covers they both appear to have been broken off. Is there a place that I can buy recasts (Rhobby perhaps?) to replace them? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I hope I am posting on the right area.  I have a problem with 2 1/35 Gakken Alpha's of mine.  First one is on my green alpha, the piece of plastic that holds the spring on the knee cover somehow broke off and now the right knee cover stays down at all times when in battroid mode.  I am asking the guys that have had experience with these alphas if I can possibly and safely open/unscrew the leg section and put it back together.  Second and last is I have the 1/35 blue alpha and there are no knee covers they both appear to have been broken off.  Is there a place that I can buy recasts (Rhobby perhaps?) to replace them?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

326945[/snapback]

Can you post a pic of what broke?

**Just so you know, the pic in my avatar is a 1/35 Legioss.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

The busted kneecap spring is a common problem with the 1/35 Legioss. Fixing it means deciding on a way to reattach the spring to the inside of the kneecap, AFTER taking apart the lower leg assembly.

1a. If the original plastic stub is still around: Glue it back with a good epoxy. I haven't had much luck with superglue. A good idea would be to wash the kneecap with detergent first and drying it before trying to glue the stub back.

1b. The sub is gone: Improvise! Grab some spare Gunpla sprues and cut off a suitable bit in place of the missing stub. Glue in place.

2. Hook up the spring loop to new/repaired stub and leg assembly. Re-assemble. Ta-da!

Note: It's been a long time since I carried out the same repairs for my blue and green Legioss'. I don't remember if I had to cut any 'MB' stickers in half in order to separate the legs, but it wasn't something that bothered me. Others might object if it means devaluing the toy further...

as for recasts maybe you can try myersjesse, he did a couple a long time ago... or put up a thread in the wanted section. (btw, this is the wrong section for this toy...) but good luck because the knee is probably the most sought after part for this toy.