New Starblazers comic

Father Jack

Haven't never seen Starblazers before the first issue seems pretty interesting. A good mix of new and old characters. Enough information to paint a picture of what kinda happen before but not enough to give everything alway but enough to make you interested in wanting to find out what happen.

I do want to check out the series and movies though. Just that whenever the desire to see it comes I'm out of money or the bulk of money is tied up in paying for other things like tution. Like now for example.

On the Starblazers's site. http://www.starblazers.com/home.php At the bottom are the images from the remastered dvds of the series(if they were remastered) or from the new web comic or from a new series going to be done?

Thinking either one of the first two options but you never know about a new series so that's why I included that.

That artist should be shot in the head by Harlock for doing that to Matsumoto's designs! As for the story, again we've been shown why no one but Matsumoto should touch one of his own projects. Sure Nishizaki will claim he created Yamato (and no doubt this is based on his own "Rebirth" project), he's also a gun toting lunatic that tried to kill off the characters & story 30 years ago, and who's own projects have been nothing but massive failures when attempting to do Yamato without Matsumoto (2520, Odin, etc).

Where's my Dai Ginga damnit!

I gotta go with Keith on this one. The art leaves a lot to be desired, the Photoshopping is just atrocious. The way the drama and storytelling is handled is very comic-bookish, and I mean that in the worst way possible.

I can put the fact that it's an unwanted sequel to an edited version of a show that already has legitimate sequels and spin-offs to the back of my mind, but when the end product doesn't at least stand up to Yamato, I lose any desire to.