Sealent for Diecast parts

GobotFool

Hey, I am really getting sick of the chipping of paint on my 1S's landing gear doors. Is there anything I can seal them with to protect them? and why does it seem I only have this problem with my 1S? my Hikaru and low viz are fine. *sigh.....* should I just sell it and get the new reissue coming out at the end of october?

citadel spray matte sealer is typically sold at any tabletop gaming store. The same stores that sell warhammer/D&D/pewter miniatures and paints. As for touch up... That is best answered by another as I normally remove all flaking paint with a brush and start from scratch with primer. I know my old show 79 camaro had artic white paint and one or two rust spots were cured through prep work, painting a few layers of the closest citadel paint [perhaps not the best but what I had and what I know] and sprayed with sealer and I never had a problem there-after.

I would almost suggest putting clear tape or a clear decal over it. I've done that before with my Bandais and it works really well. If you get magic invisible tape you can't tell it's there.