Wither VOTOMS?

Here we are in 2005 and Yamato USA is finally bringing VOTOMS toys over to all the good boys and girls here in "Region 1." That's terriffic and all, but what the hell happened to the actual anime? The DVDs are long out of print, and US Manga doesn't even seem to list it in their catalog anymore. (did they lose the rights to it, perhaps?) Heck, I can't even find VOTOMS by using....umm, alternative methods. Does anybody know anything about this? It's sad when a person can't even pirate a show like this, but there's 1000 torrent links for a Jessica Simpson/These Boots Are Made For Walkin video.

Edited by bsu legato

They run episodes on Comcast's On Demand service sometimes. I think episode 22 and 23 are available for viewing now.

They used to have the first 6 episodes on Sputnik7... though it's been well over a year since I watched them there. I doubt they're still up...

EDIT: Yup they are still up... but just eps 5 and 6. http://www.sputnik7.com/vod/anime/animeeve...otoms/index.jsp

CPM really sucks with their distro... I can't even find Patlabor around here much less VOTOMs <_<

Edited by haro genki

I've got a recent Hobby Japan with some adverts. and a great foldout art piece of parachuting Scopedogs that seems to refer to something new. Text is in japanese, so I of course can't translate.

This, coupled with the resurgence of all things Votoms - you'd think we'd be looking at something new in the way of an anime movie/series.

Any word on potential developments? Or what the adverts are all about?

VOTOMS was dubbed?  :huh: I thought CPM only subbed the DVDs...

310352[/snapback]

The back of the case says "English dual language" but having seen your post I just checked and although the onscreen display says that both audio tracks are English they are actually Japanese and there is no option to turn off the subtitles.

Mind you, the back of the case also says that there are 72 episodes while there are in fact only 52.

Edited by Mechmaster