MPC Shadow Alpha

I don't know if anyone knows about when the Alpha is going to be released..And is it going to be a lot better quality than the Blue Alpha? I had so many loose joints and its so ridiculous...

Please let me know guys!

I don't know if anyone knows about when the Alpha is going to be released..And is it going to be a lot better quality than the Blue Alpha?  I had so many loose joints and its so ridiculous...

Please let me know guys!

It's already out....I have it in stock but haven't updated the site yet. I can't comment on QC yet as I haven't had time to open one and take a look.

-Kevin

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

the shadow I bought from the valk exchange just came in, the nose section just came a part and fell off the body, check the problem, two parts where not joined together, and then the head section that has the eye, the paint was chipped, all my alpha's are below standard, chipped paint and body panels just falling off, why couldn't yamato make these. Toynami quality sucks.

The only cool things is that Kevin from Valk exchange is a real awesome person, very down to earth, and has great products, but the MPC alpha's, well there is no quality behind them, very cheap.

the shadow I bought from the valk exchange just came in, the nose section just came a part and fell off the body, check the problem, two parts where not joined together, and then the head section that has the eye, the paint was chipped, all my alpha's are below standard, chipped paint and body panels just falling off, why couldn't yamato make these.  Toynami quality sucks.

Well I wouldn't rate Yamato's quality control as being all that great.

Every single one of the 1/60s I've bought so far have had at least one defect due to someone not paying attention.

While of the five Toynami products I have purchased only one had any kind of actual flaw and that was the Vol. 1 VF-1J, the first one produced which was basically a case of too little die cast material.

Don't get me wrong, the Yamato valks are a far superior toy design than the MPCs but as to QC, so far Toynami has a better track record as far as I am concerned. I mean two of the Yamato valks have actually required my taking tools to them before they would even display at all while the MPCs have at least been posable out of the box.

While you may have had a problem with Toynami I frankly am coming to the opinion that mecha from either company are something of a crapshoot in regards to QC.

Edited by Luclin999

the shadow I bought from the valk exchange just came in, the nose section just came a part and fell off the body, check the problem, two parts where not joined together, and then the head section that has the eye, the paint was chipped, all my alpha's are below standard, chipped paint and body panels just falling off, why couldn't yamato make these.  Toynami quality sucks.

Well I wouldn't rate Yamato's quality control as being all that great.

Every single one of the 1/60s I've bought so far have had at least one defect due to someone not paying attention.

While of the five Toynami products I have purchased only one had any kind of actual flaw and that was the Vol. 1 VF-1J, the first one produced which was basically a case of too little die cast material.

Don't get me wrong, the Yamato valks are a far superior toy design than the MPCs but as to QC, so far Toynami has a better track record as far as I am concerned. I mean two of the Yamato valks have actually required my taking tools to them before they would even display at all while the MPCs have at least been posable out of the box.

While you may have had a problem with Toynami I frankly am coming to the opinion that mecha from either company are something of a crapshoot in regards to QC.

I don't know about the 1/60s, but I refuse to believe that the QC from Toynami is better than Yamato. I have not had a problem at all with any of my valks aside from an airbrake that is a little too loose or a fuzzy paint line. But I don't get upset over that. From what I've seen and handled, Toynami has and always will have an inferior QC to Yamato.

If I strictly compare the Alpha vs. the 1/60, it's really hard to say who has better Quality Control.

Design-wise, the Alpha is overly complicated as compared to the 1/60, and that hurts it in production and assembly. A lot of the compression/ extensions in the torso simply wasn't necessary, and the darn Cyclone compartment is a waste of my time...

In terms of material engineering the Alpha falls flat on its (off-center) face; the materials chosen are too thin and brittle for the design chosen. 1/60 is a lot better -- you don't hear too much of breaking parts, and you don't see the sun shining through supposedly opaque areas.

In terms of Quality Control, which to me refers to ensuring your production and assembly are according to spec, the Alpha and 1/60 are probably on par with each other, meaning, if we ignore design and material issues, the two products are assembled and produced properly.

The issues about the Alpha are mainly poor choice of material and overly complicated design -- QC does nothing for that. Regardless how good the QC is, it ain't going to fix the basic problems. The 1/60, though not perfect, goes for a simpler design and used the right material in the right places, and as such is a better overall product.