Banner of the stars 3

wolfx

The ANBU version is out!

97% completed.  Good seeds.  I'll watch it tonight.

320930[/snapback]

I think they subbed it according to the names in the novels....which can be quite unpronounceable. I can't remember most of the names now that they used those names instead of the transliterated ones. :lol:

Just saw it. Just found out its only 2 episodes long, and is sort of an interlude for future series.....

No cool space battles this time around. Jinto returns to Hyde system to reclaim his homeland but finds himself less than welcome. The 2 episodes revolve around Jinto's dillemma to stay on Hyde or go with Lafiel. Guess what he chooses.  :rolleyes:

The lovey doveyness of the whole thing might just prove annoying to some, but really, i think i'm in love with Lafiel. So sue me for gushing.....LAFIELLL!!!!!!  :ph34r:

320721[/snapback]

must been the bath scene. there uniforms sure dont reveal much.

The quick bath scene was VERY appreciated. :)

While the uniforms don't actually reveal much they are very nicely form-fitting and work well. Some of my favoite uniform designs in fact.

Anyway, yeah, the different spellings were real hard to pronounce. Much different than the Bandai subs. No Spoor in this one for the Spoor lovers out there, but most of the crew was there in different roles. Nice to see where the others ended up too. The series was always highly character driven, so seeing more of them too was nice. I like how Jinto gave Samson a job.

Thankfully they showed some more progression in Lafiel and Jinto's relationship too. They're more relaxed with each other and even shared a hug.

Not bad for a 2-parter. As always I'd like to see more from this series, but they ended things satisfactorily enough.

Edited by Anubis

Just saw it. Just found out its only 2 episodes long, and is sort of an interlude for future series.....

No cool space battles this time around. Jinto returns to Hyde system to reclaim his homeland but finds himself less than welcome. The 2 episodes revolve around Jinto's dillemma to stay on Hyde or go with Lafiel. Guess what he chooses.  :rolleyes:

The lovey doveyness of the whole thing might just prove annoying to some, but really, i think i'm in love with Lafiel. So sue me for gushing.....LAFIELLL!!!!!!  :ph34r:

320721[/snapback]

must been the bath scene. there uniforms sure dont reveal much.

320992[/snapback]

Lafiel's (spelt Lamhirh :rolleyes: ) appeal was never her T&A (or lack of). She has this female spunk that I just absolutely fall in love with. Authorative but willing to learn. Strict but caring. Need I say more?

But who do i kid? The bath scene was , in Anubis' words, VERY APPRECIATED! :blink:

If it's only 2 episodes, I've not hear anything from the people involved, then it's iffy that it might get a US release. It's pretty hard to tell nowadays, especially when you've got stuff like BLAME! Ver.0.11 & the thorughly half-assed Yukikaze coming out.

But then again this series has nearly always been fan driven. I am however VERY VERY disappointed that they had to use these 2 characters again especially after the authors words in BoTS2. I would've loved to see more of SPOOR and the places that the Empire controls.

If it's only 2 episodes, I've not hear anything from the people involved, then it's iffy that it might get a US release. It's pretty hard to tell nowadays, especially when you've got stuff like BLAME! Ver.0.11 & the thorughly half-assed Yukikaze coming out.

But then again this series has nearly always been fan driven. I am however VERY VERY disappointed that they had to use these 2 characters again especially after the authors words in BoTS2. I would've loved to see more of SPOOR and the places that the Empire controls.

321050[/snapback]

What were the author's words in BoTS2? :blink: Did he somehow disown Jinto and Lafiel?

321050[/snapback]

What were the author's words in BoTS2? :blink: Did he somehow disown Jinto and Lafiel?

321052[/snapback]

he might be right 1/2 of bots 3 felt like the conclusion for those characters and if any future ep might do the same with the others not present and/or intruduce new characters to replace them and maybe once in awhile a camero apperance from the old characters from time to time.

321050[/snapback]

321052[/snapback]

No he simple stated that they were minor characters, hell he almost harped on it since the epilogue in the CotS!, and that their story was finished and that any future storys told would be told elsewhere, implying the use of other characters from the books.

All this Crest and Banner talk makes me want to build some of Empire ships and the Empires 'throne' system. :o:)

• 4 months later...

Good news to Seikai fans.

From ANN:

Tokyopop Licenses Seikai Novels (2006-01-09 15:35:17)

Tokyopop has confirmed to ANN that they have licensed the Seikai novels on which Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars are based