YAMATO 1/48 Front landing Gear

TheFrenchOne

It is just a thing i think about, the front panel (blue) can be set to block the hook (red) in the "up position" IMO it increases the look in fighter mode especially when the VF-1 is fastpacked (besause the nose bends forward)

http://fr.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/valkat...dir=/vf&.view=t

try and tell me what you think about it.

sorry for the dead link

Edited by TheFrenchOne

I think you may be talking about the "tow hook not staying up" issue mentioned in this thread from the old forums:

Link

I ended up using SandPebbleOne's suggestion:

2) DO NOT PUT GLUE ON THE CATAPULT LAUNCH BAR!  Just take it off the Valk's strut and *GENTLY* squeeze the open end together.  This will add enough friction to hold the launch bar up.

It works, but you must be careful not to overdo it or you'll stress the plastic.

sorry again for the dead pic , now there is a link straight to my pic folder.

http://fr.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/valkat...dir=/vf&.src=ph

I have found a closeup pic of the front landing gear (thks graham!) so here is what i have done

1 open the blue part

2 set in the up position the red part

3 move forward the tow hook

4 close the blue part

I wish i have a num cam to make a pic.... it is not that easy to describe mechanical parts when you do not have the correct vocabulary :angry:

Edited by TheFrenchOne

Yes, that's what I tried before I took SandPebbleOne's advice.

If you look around at the pics in the Toy review/preview pages (from the front page of MW), and at The Valkyrie Factory, you'll probably be able to see a picture of a 1/48 Valk with the tow hook/catapult strop in proper position without any assistance. (Might even be such a picture somewhere on the box.) I think you'll agree it looks nicer that way.