Best Version of DYRL?

Radd

Quick question, of all the versions of DYRL? currently available on DVD in Japan, what is the best version? Wasn't there a version released last year with all sorts of extras and whatnot?

I tried peeking through the Videos section of the website, but it looks like it hasn't been updated since before the AnimEigo tv series set was released, and only has the Manga release of the Macross Plus OVA.

Thanks in advance!

I have that one. It's good, nice picture and sound, but no extras or anything (not that I really care about extras on DVDs anyway).

Graham

The Region 2 DVD of DYRL from 1999 has the trailers for the movie. There was also a special DVD DYRL boxset that was released during 1999, though I can't remember what was part of the package.

I own both. The R2 DYRL and the FX bootleg have the same content. Same menu. The movie and a few trailers. The FX version has subs of course. Picture quality is very close. Sound quality about the same. The FX version is pretty much a direct rip of the R2. The only thing missing on the FX disc is the Bandai/Emotion logos at the beginning, the Toho film symbol, and a few seconds of the black screen before Britai and Exedol speak. Not much really.

The other R2 version of DYRL was released in a laser disc sized box. I think the content was the same. Out of print now.

small edit. Toho films not Toei

Edited by dejr8bud