Buying Anime DVD's Bootlegs

Before u ppls start bashing me about ethics, i hate having 24 episodes on 8 discs, it takes up huge space in the my cases, and the cost is ridiculous. Im actually thinking of selling my orginal eva's dvds and buying some bootlegs.

Anyway, since paypal isnt availble to south africa, i have a hard time paying for stuff on ebay, and kinda have to use online shops. So if any1 knows a good place to buy this stuff please do share!!!

And btw i do like to have the option of eng dub if availble.

thank you!

;)

Why, so its ok to recast kits to make them accesible, but with dvds its a no-no?

If the orginals where on 3 discs and decently priced i would buy them.

Wait a second, you ask people not to bang about ethics, and then bring it up again yourself?

As to recasting kits? Most people here DO have a problem with recasting readily available kits. It's when a kit is terribly scarce (ie- limited run, OOP, etc.), to the point when even if you do find it, the price is unbearable, where recasting becomes a viable alternative. Even then there are some who have issues with recasting no matter what.

The problem you seem to have is that you're cheap ("cost is ridiculous") and concerned about space ("it takes up huge space in the my cases"). Anime never has been, nor will it probably ever be, a cheap hobby.

On that note, it's not terribly hard to perform a simple Google search to locate a plethora od bootleg sellers. The most difficult part will be finding one willing to ship to South Africa.

Why, so its ok to recast kits to make them accesible, but with dvds its a no-no?

If the orginals where on 3 discs and decently priced i would buy them.

Wait a second, you ask people not to bang about ethics, and then bring it up again yourself?

As to recasting kits? Most people here DO have a problem with recasting readily available kits. It's when a kit is terribly scarce (ie- limited run, OOP, etc.), to the point when even if you do find it, the price is unbearable, where recasting becomes a viable alternative. Even then there are some who have issues with recasting no matter what.

The problem you seem to have is that you're cheap ("cost is ridiculous") and concerned about space ("it takes up huge space in the my cases"). Anime never has been, nor will it probably ever be, a cheap hobby.

On that note, it's not terribly hard to perform a simple Google search to locate a plethora od bootleg sellers. The most difficult part will be finding one willing to ship to South Africa.

i agree with the kits, alot of the recasts are super rare ones, and otherwards they would just not be availble. Its the only viable option. I just think its werid u can post about hobbyfan.com but not a dvd bootleg site...

Well i enjoy anime, but in south africa, its unheard of. And my 3kbs connection takes abit of time dl anything....

I fel obliged to point out that the bootlegs are lower-quality. Over-compressed video, bad translations, and a fried got a "complete set" that dropped the final episode to make it fit.

I fel obliged to point out that the bootlegs are lower-quality. Over-compressed video, bad translations, and a fried got a "complete set" that dropped the final episode to make it fit.

Doesn't sound too bad compared to a set that was missing a chunk of episodes in the middle and had "repeat" episodes in their place instead. :ph34r:

Doesn't sound too bad compared to a set that was missing a chunk of episodes in the middle and had "repeat" episodes in their place instead. :ph34r:

If it was Dragonball Z it'd be hard to tell the diffrence. :p

But yah... bootleggers don't really care if the product is as advertised.