Are the 1/48s REALLY 1/48?

Scream Man

i was ina hobby shop today looking at some hasegawa Ground crew sets. These were 1/48 scale, and i noticed the figures seemd significantly larger than the figures in the Yammies.

So I came home and had a look. DEFINITELY smaller.

So...are the Hasegawas to big...or the Yammi pilots to small? And if the Yammies ARENT 1/48, then what scale are they, and where do people find these ground crews that are the scale they need?

i apologise if this isnt a new topic. I did a search for "scale" and that didnt help, and there was nothing in newbie questions so...

Nope,

I think we all agree that the 1/48's are in scale with the Hasegawa ground crew set. I had both and the pilots are comparable in size with the crew members.

What he said...

The main difference between the pilot figures is that the Hasegawa pilot figure has a big fat American ass, compared to the Yammie pilot figures which have no asses at all, that is to say, they are flat on the bottom.

If you sand the big fat American ass off of your Hase pilot, he will fit nicely into the VF-1 cockpit. You will also have to heat him up a bit, and bend his legs to fit correctly, but they are to scale.

you can't judge a toy or model by the figures. Sometimes the figures in the cockpit are made smaller due to engineering of the toy. If you scaled up the 1/48, the components in that cockpit would be a lot bulkier in real life.

Oh yeah I did some checking and saw it was as well. I just wasnt gonna drag this back up :)

i bought the Hase kit A, and will probably get B this weekend. Never painted something that small before, so should be fun.

anyone know of any other ground support kits in 1/48 that work?