starting my customs

kanedaestes

Hey all what's up? I have a lot of down time at my new base for the time being so I have decided to customize my collection. I am new at this so I would like to know what are some of the best paints to use, and where would one find decals for the mac 7 and mac+ toys? I will start with a mac 7 blazer bootleg so if I mess up it won't be hard to replace. So some suggestions anyone for a beginner anyone?

I'd say read through this forum for a start. There are those who love oil and those who love water, those that love airbrushing and those that use hair. I personally recomend citadel paints as they are water based acrylic... you can whipe it off with water when you make a mistake... though if it's dry you have to soak it... and with the citadel sealer when your done the pats are water proof! I know 'cause I made a snowglobe back in the day. Easy clean up and low initial investment. Practice before investing a lot of loot insomething you don't really need.

there are a few painting guies on this forum... somewhere :blink: