Need help remembering a anime show or movie

Years ago I seen this show or movie on tv that was anime but lately I want to see it again but I don't know was it was called. All i remember it takes place in a dead city thats has a roof ontop of it and coarse 3 kids are roaming around in a gerwalk looking bike when a giant bowling pin looking robo fall through the roof and seeks them out. One of the kids seperates and finds a superweapon that can destroy them and destroys them (I think, its been a long time)

anyways any ideas?

Don't think its megazone 23 the vehical the one drives is a closed cockpit type that can fly or hop with thrusters as legs and land on its legs. later I remember one of the legs gets damage and has to move around on the streets on its wheels.

bump.

nothing yet eh :unsure: .

Its hard trying to find anime that set in a giant city with dead skeletons inside the buildings everywhere and has a celing.

Edited by Zentrandude

Sounds like alot of early 80s anime. Theres a few oldies im looking for too that were redubbed for american TV release im looking for but ill never find them because the name they were broadcast under is not the name they actually had.

Your description reminds me a lot of the early OVA Birth, which has variously been translated under the titles of Planet Busters or World of the Talisman. As has been said it sound like a lot of 80s sci-fi anime, but this one does certainly have an ancient underground city in it. Birth is on R1 DVD however.