Modelling Question

robokochan

Okay I am currently working on a project. However when I baked the scuplty the areas touching the foil I used melted alittle. I have sanded it down but it is still alittle bumpy.

So is it okay to either put Mr. Surfacer or putty on scuplty? :blink: The reason I ask this is once before I used surfacer on epoxy putty and it melted it. So before I destroy all my hard work I wanted to ask here first.

Advice opinions?

Rob ;)

Edited by samurai_m

You shouldnt have trouble putting a surfacer on Sculpy. Just dont use an oil based baint without a primer of some sort it wont dry. other than that sculpy is a pretty friendly material. Are you using the white sculpy or the flesh colored type? the flesh colored one is denser and easier shapes better.

Edited by HWR MKII

Hmmmm never seen that color. but its all the same in the oven. The reason it melted at the edges is it was too thin. It is a must to wetsand this stuff though it will clog your paper if you dry sand it.

What temp was your oven set at? It shouldn't be any higher than 200° F. Any higher and it will burn.

Hmmmm never seen that color. but its

FYI - Sculpey III comes in many colors, although it seems to work the same as Super Sculpey.

Edited by bhop

WOW theres a 3? :huh: see this is what happens when you havnt lived in your own country for a yean and a half. Although i think the fact that they make colors is weird. They should make it in a color that matches primer so its easier to paint over :D That is the one problem thati have had with colored sculpy,. BTW Fimo dough is a similar product it comesin smaller blocks so if your doing a smaller subject you dont have a huge leftover piece.

Yeah, Sculpey III actually came before Super Sculpey, so I guess "technically", Super Sculpey is number 4. I honestly can't tell the difference between the two other than colors. III comes in little blocks about the same size as the Fimo blocks.

Here's an incredible, (seriously.. it rocks) Sculpey sculpting tutorial that explains a few things.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthrea...87&page=1&pp=60

Edited by bhop