HobbyFan's Message Board

cwmodels

Hi everyone,

Recently, few modeling friends and I have the opportunity to take over running Hobbyfan.com's Message Board. Even though it is a store-attached forum, we have been given the word by Hobbyfan's owner that it can be run completely independent without the interference of Hobbyfan.

We are working to establish it as a forum that will include ALL FORMS of model discussions and to become the most well-informed online resource for anyone who is interested in this hobby. Hopefully it can be a place where anyone's question can be answered and maybe even learn a few new things regarding modeling.

I know that Macrossworld's forum have many members who are into model building and I think this would give everyone a place to see / show-off / discuss other non-Macross related modeling.

I would like to openly invite everyone to come and join us. The forum is growing at a steady rate. You will definitely find more changes, interesting topics, discussions, news and more cool stuff coming over there.

I have talked with Shawn and have gotten his permission and approval to post this in Macrossworld's forum. We both feel that model building is a shrinking hobby and we hope this will help spread the interest and benefit all who enjoys doing so.

Please take a look at what we have done with it. Here it is:

http://www.hobbyfanatics.com

We hope many of you will give the forum a chance. Help people out with your knowledge! Teach everyone something new! Let others see your collection! Sell and Trade your stuff! Post, reply, upload pictures, and basically just to have fun!

We would love to have you join in and participate!

Sincerely,

CHI/cwmodels

Edited by cwmodels

Please help us improve the new Forum by voting the polls here:

http://community.hobbyfan.com/modules.php?name=Surveys

If you have any suggests or ideas please feel free to let us know too.

Thank You,

CHI/cwmodels

Because Shawn and I both feel that modeling in general needs a little boost. Here is what he said to me:

Hello Chi,

I would love to help you out. Please feel free to promote once I get the site back online.

Macross modeling is what got me started (Macross World was originally going to be a models-only website) and is what keeps me going today.

I'm sort of like a mini 'Reissue Liu"..I have I think over 700 macross model kits. Missing less than 20 to have the entire 1982-1984 arii/imai/nichimo run    :)

Anyways I'm going to be breaking up the Toys/Models section on the site into two forums. There are so many toy threads, that the model posts get lost in the storm. Lets bring macross modeling back into the game!

Best

Shawn

Posting the announcement in this section is the best way to bring together anyone who enjoys this hobby.

We hope you will join us too.

CHI/cwmodels

CW, there seems to be a problem with your registration process. I register, get the registration email, click on the link, get to the login screen, then get a login error. I try the registratin link again from my email and it says no name exists in the database.

Hi again,

Thanks for the notice.

For some reason, we've been having problems with the registration process in the past 2 days. The site manager has been working on fixing it.

Please e-mail me your registered name here:

cwmodels@aol.com

I'll forward it to the site manager and let him know about it. I'll contact you here as soon as the problem is solved.

If anyone else here have encountered the same problem please e-mail me on it.

CHI

Hi Grayson 72,

I have received the following notice from the site manager:

Registation have been fixed again

The registration problem occurs with  some people. We will look into solving this problem by rewriting some of the code. There may be some delay in response on the community site. Due to tests with the new code.

Currently, the problem should be fixed. However, I do not see your registered name in the member list. So I suggest you should try to register again.

If there are still problems, please contact me again.

CHI/cwmodels

Hi VF-17

Your names is on the members list. You should have already registered into the forum. So just login with your name and password.

If the problem still exists, let me know.

CHI/cwmodels

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I contacted the tech guy about your question. Here is the reply he gave me:

He need at least Netscape 5.0 and IE 5.0

A lot of site will not work with Netscape 3.0 as it does not support a lot

of new feature.

Are you able to upgrade to those browsers?

• 1 year later...