Photographer credits? And 1/48 details...

identityno

I visited this page:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/1..._proto_1_48.htm

I do not mean to assume that Graham is not capable of taking such high-quality photographs, but this does look like the work of a pro— the lighting, background, and composition looks more professional than all the other photos on this site, so I am thinking that it must have been taken by someone that Yamato hired. If this is the case, it might be a good idea to credit them somewhere on the page or watermark the photos, as pro photographers are known for getting upset about their photos being used without permission. Just thought I would point that out, if it is indeed a concern.

Also, the photos indicate a level of detail— especially in the painted markings seen in the top photo— that I have not seen in other pictures of the 1/48s. Was this a special version that was used by Yamato to get everyone all psyched? I know that Bandai does this sort of thing (as does every other company, for that matter), but I am simply curious. Perhaps this did not come through in other photos on the other pages? Notice the tones of the plastic in the photos— good work, whoever took the pictures.

Cheers,

Gregory Scott

You would have to have a studio setup to take such great product photographs, which is why I was concerned about copyrights. I mean, I would just be really surprised if Graham had a bunch of camera equipment he never used for other photographs on his site...

—Gregory Scott

Those photos are of one of the fully painted early resin sculpts of the 1/48. It is not the bare ABS of the production toy, which is why it looks better.

Yes, the photos where taken by a professional hired by Yamato and yes we were given permission to display them on Macrossworld.

Graham